[Solved] Email limit increase

infantex

Hello.

I would like to have my email limit increased to 20 per hour per account. 

Since Plesk replaced cPanel and I moved my email to Tommy, the limit of 10 emails/h seemed somehow limited. I couldn't increase it then and I can't increase it know. However low it seemed to me, I had never hit it... until today that I was sending the new price list for this year to our customer base and began receiving returned mails that couldn't be delivered. I solved it scheduling the emails to be send later, but I would really like to have that restriction raised. Nothing spectacular, I would think that 20 per hour should suffice.

Can it be done?

Hello, @infantex.

HelioHost has a hosting account default limit of 50 emails per day. Our email limit is in place to prevent email abuse and ensure the smooth running of our email servers and email deliverability for all users. If you exceed the limit, your account will be throttled, which may result in delays or failures in delivering your emails.

We suggest that you limit your email sends to 50 per day. If you have a valid reason to send more than 50 emails per day, it is possible to review this limit in your account by replying to this topic and providing the following information, for starters:

• How do you get the email addresses for your emails?
  • How do people unsubscribe from your emails?
  • How many emails do you expect to send a day?
  • Please provide an example email.

I'm also escalating your support request to our root admins, and they will review and follow up with you accordingly once they receive your answers.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Kairion changed the title to [Krydos] Email limit increase
On 2/16/2023 at 9:41 PM, Kairion said:
  • How do you get the email addresses for your emails?

Mostly, they're given to us directly by the interested party. We mainly correspond with people we have a bussiness relationship with, i.e., customers and suppliers. Some other emails we gather from our contact form on our website, which are usually prospective customers asking for quotations, and the occasional prospective supplier offering products they consider we may be interested in.

• How do people unsubscribe from your emails?

We don't have subscriptions lists, i.e., we don't send massive emails. Almost all of our emails are targeted towards a unique recipient. As such, we don't have an unsuscribe link or option in the email. When people don't want to continue receiving our mails, they usually write us to provide an alternative, updated address the emails should be addressed to... or they may provide an additional address they want us to send another copy of the emails to.

And I say "almost" because we have send (kind of) massive emails. They were Christmas Card emails send to our regular clients and main suppliers. But they weren't that "massive", I mean, I entered the emails one by one, by hand.

• How many emails do you expect to send a day?

That's a though one. I mean 50 seems pretty low but, how many would it be enough? There's two people sending email from the infantex.com.mx domain. Yesterday, I sent 20 emails. Let's say the other person sends another 20. Then, there's this account (info) we use to answer emails we receive from the contact form, on a busy day that would be 5-10 (there's days we don't receive any). An also the "fiscal" account (cfdi) which we use to send invoices, etc. During our high season (back-to-school) we would be making five shipments daily but, mostly, invoices have to be sent to multiple addresses (the buyer and her assistants, accounts payable, warehouse, the occasional manager...), so it may be around 20. All in all, 100 emails a day may suffice, I would go with 200, just to be on the safe side.

• Please provide an example email.

I'm attaching several samples:

• A reply to a request for quotation from a regular client.
  • Sending new price list to a regular customer.
  • A reply to a customer asking us to participate in a promotion event.
  • A shipment notification.
  • A conversation with our bank executives.

Regards,

P.S. I tried to attach the emails but they were rejected with a message that the maximum total size for attachments is only 21.8 kB (is that correct? I didn't use to have this problem).

Instead, I uploaded them to a folder in my site: https://infantex.com.mx/files/email-samples/

new-price-list.eml

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Email limit increase
  • Krydos locked this topic