[Solved] Request for Domain Addition and Remote SQL

daankythric

Hi there,

My username is daankythric. I was hoping you could enable remote access to the SQL database daankythric_dquery for user daankythric_dev.

Additionally, if you would be so kind, I would like to add the domain dquery.net. It's not clear if the current state of the Plesk implementation allows for the creation of subdomains on my end; if not, I would also appreciate live.dquery.net, stage.dquery.net, and dev.dquery.net. My main domain is currently q.helioho.st, on Tommy2.

Lastly, I see that many configuration options on the Plesk control panel are currently locked. Although I do not know if there are plans to make these option available later, I would appreciate the ability to lower upload_max_filesize and alter the document root.

Many thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, daankythric said:

enable remote access to the SQL database daankythric_dquery for user daankythric_dev.

This is a MySQL database so you can enable remote connections yourself through Plesk. You only need to have an admin do it for you if it's a PostgreSQL database.

I would like to add the domain dquery.net

Added.

It's not clear if the current state of the Plesk implementation allows for the creation of subdomains on my end; if not, I would also appreciate live.dquery.net, stage.dquery.net, and dev.dquery.net.

It's not possible for users to create subdomains on their own yet either. Added.

For the domains I see you're using Cloudflare so if you haven't already you'll need to create A records for each one with the value 65.19.141.77 and if you want to support IPv6 as well you can create AAAA records for 2001:470:1:1ee::2002.

I would appreciate the ability to lower upload_max_filesize

These types of config are intentionally locked, and we won't be handing over control ever on shared hosting. People do ridiculous things like request us to set the max upload size to 10 GB when their account can only even hold 1000 MB. Settings values like this wrong can cause serious load and downtime for other accounts on the server. If you need to be able to change them yourself you'll have to get a VPS where you have root control over everything and you're the only user on the server. If you want to request a value we can sanity check it and make the changes for you. We can make changes like this on a domain level so only one of your domains uses the new value, and the rest of the server continues using the default.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

alter the document root.

You will be able to do this on your own eventually, but for now we can change it for you if you don't like the default.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

• Thanks 1

Much obliged!

With MySQL, I'm still getting a "Connection refused" error after enabling remote access through Plesk - I'd wondered if that was a barrier elsewhere in the system 🤔

Thank you for adding the subdomains as well! I'll get Cloudflare updated accordingly. Changing the document root isn't urgent; easier to just leave it for the time being.

Although I attempted to set it back to local-only connections and am now locked out of Plesk with "Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory", which has certainly altered the state of my problems. But it's recovered. Not touching that switch again!😅

• Krydos locked this topic