Invitation e-mail / account e-mail mismatch

opieantc

I received an invitation for Tommy today on an e-mail address that I made a PayPal donation from two years ago. It's not the same e-mail address that my account is registered under, so when I enter my user name (opieantc) after clicking the "Create Tommy Account" link in the e-mail I'm told that it is "Not available." What's the best way to resolve this without posting the two e-mail addresses on the forum?

Oh, I see what the problem is.

Since your donation email address was different from your existing account email address you received a new account invite. The reason the username is blocked is because you have an existing account with that username already. I have linked your donation to your existing Tommy account and sent you a new transfer invite. If you click the link in this new email you can move your existing account to Plesk instead of creating a new account.

If you'd prefer to start over fresh with a new account we can delete the existing Tommy account and send you a new account invite instead.

Thank you, I received the second invitation for moving the existing account to Plesk and accepted it. The "We are now moving your account to Plesk" page said the move would take up to an hour and that I would receive a follow-up e-mail with instructions when the move was completed. After 36 hours and no follow-up e-mail I tried to logging in anyway and the move seems to be done.

Thanks again for your help.

20 minutes ago, opieantc said:

page said the move would take up to an hour and that I would receive a follow-up e-mail with instructions when the move was completed.

I'll take a look at why this email wasn't delivered. Thanks for letting us know. Have fun with Plesk.