Let's Encrypt Rate Limit

Krydos

We've already reached the rate limit for new Let's Encrypt certificates for domains being transferred to Plesk. This means if your account is transferred to Plesk right now it will not automatically get an SSL certificate.

We've contacted Let's Encrypt to request a rate limit increase, but it will likely be several weeks before we hear back from them. Hopefully they grant the rate limit increase, but it's a possibility they will deny the request and we'll be stuck with this ridiculously low limit forever. You can of course install a free 90 day ZeroSSL certificate or a free 90 day Comodo certificate or any of the other free options out there, but they will not be installed automatically for you.

This rate limit generally doesn't affect renewals, so once your domain is secured using Let's Encrypt it will continue to be renewed without any work on your part. We figured this would be an issue, but hopefully Let's Encrypt will grant the rate limit increase this time unlike last time we tried to use their service.

I hope that when i'll be on Plesk, that also i could have a "https" that auto update and nothing that i have to do. My rank in the list of transfers is near of 350, i'm curious what would look like the Plesk environment; i wonder if it will look like cpanel when login?

Thank's for your great work. A+

• 2 weeks later...

Thank's Nocratri for giving me some look of Plesk. I wonder if there is a webmail section in "tools and settings" or maybe in "users". The Plesk environment seem nice, gonna take some time for my self to adapt to the environment. Once again thank's. A+

• Krydos locked this topic