War in Iraq

GameClaw_268

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they passes a law during the vietnam war that basically says that the government can limit the freedom of speech and the press and all that during a time of war, and this is definitly a time of war, at least thats what everyone calls it.

No, but American protesters against the war were supposedly hurting their efforts... Or at least thats the way the government made it out to be. They can curb your freedom of speech and they can curb your freedom of freedom using your "duty to country" to draft you.

you get a choice if you sign up, but not if you get drafted, my social studies teacher did that(in veitnam) so he could use a typewriter instead of being on the battle field. I also hear if you drink enough coffee before the medical exam, you'll fail, so if all else fails, drink coffee.

I had a friend who got soooo wasted on alcohol and weed and all kinds of stuff that he just passed out during the exam and they let him go... but other choices include cutting off any of your middle three fingers below the second knuckle, smoking untill you develop some bad cancer, somehow fake having asthma, and plenty others.

WAKE UP!!!!!

Even the oficial reason wasn't terrorists. It was weapons... Not terrorists. No weapons. UN even said that before the war. They got in and dismantled the government YES. There were a government (Aristoteles said that dictatorship is a form of govenment. The bad form of a monarchy, but still a form of government). And the US army deposed it. The insurgents (you can confirm it in grammar) are people who are against US people in their country. And NO, the thousands of people who were killed in Iraqui weren't criminals. They were commom people going to their jobs or resting in their house. And the suspects... Wait, isn't a law that you're innocent till proveed guilty? So... That's Mcarthism...

Anyway, I know what the official reasons were. The weapons was the reason for U.N. inspectors to go to Iraq. And Saddam Hussein was the reason that the United States went to Iraq. Anyway, the people that the American soldiers killed were acting suspiciously, and in some cases, you can't act like that in front of people who are on the alert. I mean, a police officer can shoot you if he/she think you have a dangerous weapon. Unfair? Occasionally, but it is to protect themselves. And the innocent people that were killed were killed by terrorists and insurgents. Do you really think the American soldiers are the ones strappin bombs to themselves and walking into buses and restaurants? If you do, then you seriously need mental help. It is you who needs to wake up! It is the terrorists and insurgents who are killing the Iraqi civilians! Not the Americans!

This war wouldn't have started if dubbya had kept his cool for another few months............

Bush is keeping his cool. I expect anyone else in hi shoes right now would have lost their minds by now, or resigned. I mean, under these conditions, Bush has a lot on his plate and I'm surprised anyone can handle it as well as he has.