[Solved] Internal Server Error - Softaculous Apps Installer

webdevsemo

Oy, oh now, not working again. I don't know, but it seems related to something I'm doing on the site, because the problem has reoccured twice now, each time after doing the same thing, which is to try to restore my website from a backup with a backup/restore tool in Wordpress. Each time it has failed, which has motivated me to just wipe the site clean and restore from the backup to a new site. But when I go to do this I get the following message when I click on the Softaculous link: 

Internal Server Error

No response from subprocess (cpanel (cpanel)): The subprocess reported error number 72,057,594,037,927,935 when it ended. The process dumped a core file.
cpsrvd Server at tommy.heliohost.org

The backup tools in WP are likely the cause here. WP itself is notorious for being very heavy and causing load. Also, the restore failing is probably the PHP process running them timing out and being killed because they exceed the max allowed execution time.

To be honest, I'm surprised you didn't end up suspended for load due to those restores. You must've been lucky and tried when load was low.

The best solution to WP issues is, as always, to simply not use WP. It is terribly coded and consequently is horribly inefficient, not to mention insecure. Just about any other CMS in existence is faster.