A fact about Earth's rotation

A master piece of a movie!

my point is isn't it possible sor some form of life to develop on that

"hellish" environment.
Cuz the way i see it, we human define life as anything which has some resemblence to us ( i'm using the word resemblence VERY loosley)

Where is it written in the universal laws that all life MUST be carbon based and/or consiousness requires a physical host such as a mind/brain/rabbit you name it.

I think we know a bit too little about this universe to be making such bold statements.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well.... for some form of life, that might be a possibilities, but not the species that you could found on Earth.

For that reason, we call them alien. It's not like the alien you saw at Area 51, or in the X-Files, but might be some other form, either intelligent or otherwise.

I do believe alien exist in this universe, but they might not require oxygen for living, not even water. But some other elements that could give the same function to them as oxygen and water. And also they might not be carbon-based.

Anyway, did any law state that living things defined on carbon-based? When I study on my Biology, there're 7 rules to define a living thing, there's no carbon based as I remember. Living organism must be

1. Made of cell, either unicell or multiple cells.

2. Having metabolism within its working body.

3. Be able to move, migrate

4. Be able to adapt to new environment

5. Be able to breed.

6. Requires to exchange substance within its body, i.e. breathing, eating

7. Be able to grow.

Reproduce = breed right??

Stated in 5. there... LOLZ

p/s: take your time and see my post, I know my post is all long... =.="

Nah, breeding is a job

Reproduction is for fun.

LOL

Sorry, its just that breeding is a really bad way of putting it. it makes us sound like farm animals, and there the fact that it doesn't quite "feel right"

Dictionary wise it may fit the discription but normal speach it doesn't quite cover both types of reproduction i.e. sexual and asexual, at least in my view.

LOLZ, ok, you're playing with words with me ya.

Reproduction is indeed a better word for us human. But I use breed as that's the word I could think when I squeeze my brain to think that 7 rules.

It's been years I quit biology and focus on physic, it would be a hard time to me to recall back these 7 rules. LOLZ

So you finally realise.... the Earth's magnetic field is controlled by the core rotational speed.

I get this info from the movie "The Core" or "Core" quite long time ago.

It's kinda like The Day After Tomorrow, talking on armageddon thingy.

Oh, now i get it.

i feel like an idiot now.

Speaking of magnets would it really be as bad if the core stopped moving? like what would be worse? A rock from space or the center going stationary?

Hmmmmm... if the Earth lost its magnetic field, we would find no direction in any places.

In the movie "The Core", the birds couldn't fly well and hit on the buildings. And many other effects will happen.

But the foremost serious one, would be the solar wind.

The Earth's magnetic field function to filter the solar wind from the Earth, turning its direction to circle around the Earth rather than entering it directly. If the Earth lost its magnetic field, oooooppsss... we get 100+++ times more radiation than ever.

In the movie, the characters inside have a big plan to keep the Earth's core generating the magnetic field.

They're gonna drill a hole, straight into the Earth's core, put a nuke, and BOOOM!!!!

Then the core will keep flows and generate the magnetic field..

They encountered many many problems along the way, crashing into some unknown space within the Earth crust and couldn't start their ship engine. but in the end, they did it! ^^ Hurrayz