Sending Emails

phantom666

Username: demon666
Domain: phantomtest.heliohost.org
Server: johnny
Email: demon666@johnny.heliohost.org

Hi,

I've recently recreated my account on johnny, I have been testing my email and it doesn't appear to be working as I would expect.

My heliohost email account (demon666@johnny.heliohost.org) is able to receive emails from any number of different accounts as expected, however, if I try to send emails to any hotmail or gmail accounts, they don't arrive and nor is there any kind of error message to inform me what has happened to these emails.  If I try to send emails using the php mail function, gmail accounts are able to receive them fine; yahoo accounts don't receive them and nor is there any kind of error message; and with hotmail accounts my heliohost account receives an email from Mail Delivery System with the subject: Mail Delivery Failed: Returning to Sender.

Does anyone know of a way of sending emails to hotmail, yahoo, or gmail accounts from heliohost?  This functionality would be really beneficial when creating a simple Contact form.

Thanks in advance.

D

Thanks for the response.  Heliohost mail servers being blocked by Microsoft would explain this issue.  If it helps, as requested, I have copied below the body of the returned email (I have removed my hotmail email address).

Reporting-MTA: dns; johnny.heliohost.org

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822; d*********@hotmail.com
Remote-MTA: dns; hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [65.19.141.67] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [CO1NAM03FT046.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Yep, that's what most people are getting. We did get a response from MS, but their response was that we did not qualify to be unblocked because we continue to be a large source of spam and phishing email. You'll need to purchase a dedicated IP if you want to be able to email Microsoft's users. They're the only one that's extremely stubborn like this.

Yahoo is hit or miss, but should work if your recipient white-lists the sending address.

AOL and Gmail do accept our email, however you need to be careful especially with the AOL addresses. Their filter is very sensitive and also rather abuse-report-happy. If your email looks too much like spam, they send us a report and we suspend you for spam. Gmail just delivers the message to the spam bin when appropriate without telling us.

• Like 1