cPanel API

Bailey

The scoreboard is finished, I just need to send it to Krydos but I'm on holiday so I can't at the moment, I did do the wiki but Micheal decided he wanted to do it, so I have no control because it's on his VPS apparently. And I have no other projects because the link exchange has kinda gone unused so I might scrap it.

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? A better way to do this would be to build a theme for cPanel (which is a pain in the rear, and would also require you have a local cPanel server to test on...cPanel is not cheap, even for a development license).

Also, the original HelioPanel didn't use the cPanel API. It used cURL to automate the user interface for the one or two things it did.

Cpanel costs $20 per IP per month, but I thought you could exchange a production license for 3 development licenses? Yes, here

If you have a good reason, then it's ... wait, free! (I think) You have to apply first, but in the shop a development license is free (it wont show if you didnt apply...)

Cpanel :

Order a development license

To order a cPanel & WHM development license, perform the following steps:

1. Submit a license request via the Developer License Application form.
  2. After our Customer Service department sends you an email that grants you access to a cPanel & WHM development license, log in to the cPanel Store's Home interface.

3. Under the Dedicated License heading, click Buy Now. 
  4. Select the Dedicated License tab and click Development License | Free.
  5. Enter your server's IP address in the Enter the IP Address(es) text box and click Add To Cart. The Items in Cart interface will appear.
  6. Validate the contents of your order and click Checkout. The Secure Checkout interface will appear.
  7. Read the three legal agreements and select the checkbox to acknowledge that you understand and agree to the agreements' conditions and terms.
  8. Click Continue.
  9. Enter your payment information in the text boxes that appear and click Place Order. The cPanel Store will send you an order confirmation and the order's ID via email.

If you experience issues with your development license, contact our Customer Service Team.  

Edited by ziad0

TIL they have a free development license. Still requires a static IP though I think...which means it won't run on most home connections.

I wonder if Krydos could get us a developer license once we get the NAS installed. I'm gonna have a need for one anyway so I can build and test extensions to make Tommy control Lily. Johnny was originally the sandbox server for this sort of stuff, but since it's kind of become overrun with users, actually testing on it is...sort of nonviable.

A dedicated VM with a dev license wouldn't have that problem simply because its license would keep it from being used in production.

cPanel, Inc. designs software for commercial hosting. Therefore, we only license publicly visible, static IP addresses. We do not license dynamic, reserved, sticky, or internal IP addresses.

No, it will not run on home connections...

5.Enter your server's IP address in the Enter the IP Address(es) text box and click Add To Cart. The Items in Cart interface will appear.

Well looks like you have to develop with an online vps or invest in a business link...

I have a home connection which pretty much allows anything (portforwarding, change router options for port 80) but its dynamic. Theres my cpanel dealbreaker...

Edited by ziad0