cPanel API

Bailey

The API likely has very limited use to normal users, and while I don't believe we intentionally block it, we do discourage its use.

The last time I played with it (trying to create databases programmatically), there was no good way for non-admins to get the required tokens.

It doesn't matter whether it's Linux or not but I'm recreating the HelioPanel/HelioMobile because I think it's genuinely useful... it would work on desktop aswell.

For this I need the API, the old one (v1) looked like it used the Area51/52 but they don't exist anymore, or atleast not fully.

(The linux thing was kinda intended as a joke. Because cpanel only supports linux.)

Does it really require the old API? Or does it need the cPanel API v2? (v2 is supported by cpanel 64)

Edited by ziad0

I actually have the source for the original HelioPanel (it lived on a former root admin's account on Stevie back when he wasn't an ESX box)...I found it when I downloaded his backup to restore a bunch of other stuff that broke during the Stevie crash.

The options seen when you sign into https://heliohost.org/login/ are the same choices HelioPanel gave you (or in fact, there's actually more on the new one). The HelioHost tools page is basically HelioPanel v2...it was meant to consolidate the various scripts we had laying around on the classic site...of course we still use the domain and delete script to this day...).

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? A better way to do this would be to build a theme for cPanel (which is a pain in the rear, and would also require you have a local cPanel server to test on...cPanel is not cheap, even for a development license).

Also, the original HelioPanel didn't use the cPanel API. It used cURL to automate the user interface for the one or two things it did.