Is evolution real?

Evolution  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scientist still couldn't 100% prove the evolution theory. They're just having a strong believe that it's true and spread this to the whole world.

I'm not denying or doubting its persistance, it has its point to make people believe.

But me, I only believe when it's 100% proven true. Because until now, I still have a question in my mind.

IF the evolution theory is true, how come after so long, there's no monkey will undergoes evolution and become human??

But I do believe a point in evolution theory. "When you lack of practice in any of your body part, it will become malfunction after generations. This happened to chicken and ostrich. I believe this.

Actually, plants or even cockroaches have the best adaptation ability. They exists longer than us mankind.

But our intelligent and creation makes us be able to change the situation we live in and hence adapt to it.

But also damaging the Earth, I believe soon we will extinct again and the world shall be reborn.

Actually, plants or even cockroaches have the best adaptation ability. They exists longer than us mankind.

But our intelligent and creation makes us be able to change the situation we live in and hence adapt to it.

But also damaging the Earth, I believe soon we will extinct again and the world shall be reborn.

i beg to differ, in my view there has never been a specis with more resourcefulness, detemination and unwillingness to die gracefully than the human animal. i believe we will waste this planet, turn it into a useless heep of junk then stuff ourselves into rockets and find another planet.

As far as evolution goes, we're at the top of the pyramid, we aint going no where!

Planet migration?? hmmm... not so sure when that will going to happened.

But, honestly, as a human, I feel ashame of what we're doing now.

We as the only intelligent species in world, should protect the mother nature as much as we could, but now, we're giving it a counter effect, we're destroying it!!

If you asked for my opinion, I would prefer the Great Flood to come as soonest as possible, to make the Earth reborn, and everything shall be start all over again.

Planet migration?? hmmm... not so sure when that will going to happened.

But, honestly, as a human, I feel ashame of what we're doing now.

We as the only intelligent species in world, should protect the mother nature as much as we could, but now, we're giving it a counter effect, we're destroying it!!

If you asked for my opinion, I would prefer the Great Flood to come as soonest as possible, to make the Earth reborn, and everything shall be start all over again.

Hey look at that, you just used an oxymoron: "human intelligence"

I agree that we treat the earth badly and we could change for the better but when it comes down to the wire and i'm asked that between the planet or the human race which i would prefer to survive? I choose the planet the human race.

Where I contradict myself?

We should use our intelligence to protect and improve our Mother's health, not destroying Her.

I agree but when it comes down to it we are humans first environmentallists second. Granted we could all benefit from living greener lives but if the cost of that greener life should not trespasses on the quality of life.

Age old debate indeed. Personally I'm of a scientific calling, having nearly majored in biology only to switch to nursing. I can see that people due to religious calling won't believe in evolution and would use the word theory to fight for their beliefs. However, it's a rather hard argument to NOT believe that evolution doesn't exist. It's hard to argue against selective breeding, which is a process of evolution to a certain degree...(artificial evolution but still 'evolution' techincally speaking.)

As to my personal view on it- as my pastor once said in my old church that I used to attend before moving...

God said 'let there be light' and there was the big bang and everything else just followed after.

I'm sure it was made in jest at first but then again when you think about it- it makes sense, but yes it is a rather nice compromise between the two factions, which is interesting given that science came into being since man was curious in finding God through nature and its processes. Then again my pastor was rather open minded and rode motorcycles despite being over 60...

• 2 weeks later...

I approve the opinion of Suiren. The theory of the "Big Bang" as well as evolution are not contrary to the idea of the existance of a "God". There are even theologists who "believe" in both, like the French Catholic philosopher Teillard du Chardin (he was a clergyman, but did also scientific work as a palaeolontogist and an archaeologist in China). As a professional archaeologist I'm convinced of the "Big Bang" theory and the evolution. But I'm not against the idea of the existence of a God. Allthough I must say I don't really "believe". One of my University professors, the American prehistorian Ray Newell, told me once that to believe, it's something you do in church, but in science "belief" is less helpfull. Science is about facts. Things and events you can prove, and reproduce repeatedly. But a lot of religious people would say that they have very strong proof for the presence and the acts of God. But as a non believer I just don't feel nor see it. So that makes the discussion with religious people difficult.

After skimming the previous posts I hope I'm not bringing up a point already made.

But If God created two humans (Adam and Eve) and all the creatures, did god create dinosaurs. Doesn't the bible say that god created earth, then light then humans (maybe not in that exact order but they were within days of each other)

So where do the dinosaurs come from? Dinosaurs lived before humans, and were extinct before humans, did the dinosaurs live grow up have multiple generations of child dino's then become extinct all within the first day of earth being created?

If anyone can explain this please do. I do and don't believe in God at the same time, I just have doubts because there are so many inconsistencies between what science has told us about the past and what the bible tells us of the past.

I'm a definite believer in God no doubt in my mind...however, I'm not 100% sure that the Bible is always right or the way most Christians think is right. In my mind, the basis of the Bible is true. It's just the tales got twisted a little bit, with addons and such, and now we've got what we've got. Honestly, I agree suiren. I believe that evolution and God's creation of the earth go together. I think that the start of everything was God. Has all the stuff in the world lasted forever? I think not. But my mind isn't really capable of thinking in that kind of term. Something that has always existed just doesn't make since in my mind. That's why I think that God must have created a big mass, forced the big bang, and then created a living creature. He had to have created something living because everything was nonliving. Spontaneous generation has been proven false. So he had to have created the first living thing. From there, animals have evolved, eventually becoming what they are today.

To answer you Trippin, I think the Bible stories aren't exactly right. People were the one's writing it and people can be biased or uninformed or mentally retarded. So I don't think it's impossible that the Bible has some false spots. Therefore, dinosaurs could have lived before humans, and God can still have done every thing he has done.