Tommy: Addon Domain problem

cameronh

Hi!

I've been able to successfully launch an Alias for my site, but wanted the document root to be different. I tried Addon Domain and have waited a few days to see if time was the issue but am still receiving a 500 Internal Server Error.

My original domain at cameron1.heliohost.org works and I can see the Addon domain on Cpanel with the intended document root. 

I have added ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org to my DNS nameservers on GoDaddy. 

My domain info as follows:

Original Domain: cameron1.heliohost.org/the925/oauth

Addon Domain: the925.io

Document Root: /public_html/the925/oauth 

1. Do I need to provide more info to resolve this issue?
2. Is there a way of knowing if my Addon domain is configure correctly and I just need to wait more?

Thanks in advance-

Cameron

The domain isn't the problem. The .htaccess for the django application in the folder above that document root is conflicting and breaking the domain. I renamed the .htaccess in ~/public_html/the925 to htaccess.old and your domain is now working, however your django application will not work now.

To correct your issue, you need to either add an exception to exclude the oauth folder from the URL Rewrite in the .htaccess file, or just change the doc root of the addon domain so it is not inside a folder that contains a django application.

Hi!

Thanks for the support and sorry for the late reply! I did a few things that seem to work, but I'm not entirely clear if they're redundant. 

First, I reinstated my .htaccess file. I wrote an exception rule in .htaccess file to rewrite the /oauth/ part of the call.     

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(oauth/.*)$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(media/.*)$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(admin_media/.*)$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(dispatch\.wsgi/.*)$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /the925/dispatch.wsgi/$1 [QSA,PT,L]

I also changed my urls.py file in my django application to recognize empty calls and reroute my oauth folder. 

Finally, I put a .htaccess file in my public_html folder:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$ /the925 [L]

Now, when I write http://the925.io, I get rerouted to http://the925.io/the925/ 

I'm happy with this result for now!

Thanks again for the support. I'm always learning through your advice and grateful for your service. Donating now!

Cameron