[Solved] Blocked IP

torrinswanson2

Hey there, my IP is blocked 85.23.121.139.

Also, this alert doesn't show when you try and login from the nav bar "login" button at heliohost.org. This message only shows when trying to login at heliohost.org/login. Super confusing i'm sure for some.

I also move around a lot and work from various cafés. This block happened immediately without even being able to sign one time. Will this happen on every new café I go to? 

Cheers,

Torrin

Edited by torrinswanson2

Like I said. "This block happened immediately without even being able to sign one time."

I never tried any FTP client before the block. The referred sign in was after the confirmation email and trying to sign in. Something sounds phishy. Maybe a bot tried to immediately sign in after my confirmation or something?

Something from the IPs you're using is sending a ton of requests to SSH and/or SFTP on our servers and getting blocked for failed logins. We don't allow SSH, and SFTP is not going to be the issue if you're not even using an FTP client. I unblocked the IP right next to the one you're posting from (ending in .18, you posted from .17). Once again shows as failed SFTP logins. 

I'll move this to see if another admin has any ideas on why this is happening to you.