[Answered] This Site Can't Be Reached Error

rux

I've been experiencing "This site can't be reached" error lately, I'm not sure if it was caused by our forum migration to xenforo. I'm not sure if the installation is at fault cause I'm not the one who installed xenforo (my friend installed it cause he owns it). By the way upon checking xenforo's requirements it displayed these results:

Requirements met

Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.

However, the following warnings should be noted - you may need to ask your host to address these:

1. Your server has disabled a core PHP function exec via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  2. Your server has disabled a core PHP function proc_open via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  3. Your server has disabled a core PHP function popen via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.

All three of those functions can be used by malicious users for nefarious purposes so they are disabled for the security of the server. If they are required for your software to operate as you want we recommend getting a vps https://www.heliohost.org/partners/vps as you'll be the only user on the server so you won't need to worry about internal abuse. The more affordable (or free in our case) shared servers will have those functions disabled as well, and if they don't they will soon regret it I suppose. If you do decide to move to a vps we would greatly appreciate you using our link as we'll get a share of the profit.