Transferring From Other Free Hosting Site

rux

I am having problems importing my forum from uhost to heliohost. Already tried importing using softaculous, phpbb back-up and restore feature, xcloner wont even work in uhost (I always get an error accessing it and even some plugins and programs)...

I'm not sure if it's the hosters fault or some misconfiguration, one thing I noticed is that uhost uses /htdocs folder and not /public_html I've experienced problems with other hosters that are using /htdocs. If nothing works I might have to spend more time recreating the forum again which I could have spent on improving it instead. Hope you'd share your knowledge and suggestions to resolve my problem, your help would be greatly appreciated :)

P.S. I'm also trying to import my forum (phpbb) to mybb, I might also need some help with this :D

Edited by rux

Can you get an export of the database itself? If your old host has phpmyadmin, use that to export the database to a file. Then, download that file, as well as everything in your htdocs folder.

Upload the files from htdocs to your public_html folder. Then go into cpanel and create a database (easiest is to use the mysql database wizard so it creates and assigns the user as well, be sure to grant all permissions, and of course make note of the password). After that, go into phpmyadmin here and import the database file into the new database you made.

After that, it's a matter of editing the forum software's configuration file to use the new database. That varies by program, but the last time I used phpbb, it was config.php. The database host will be localhost, the database username, password, and name will be the values you picked when you created the database with the wizard.

Can you get an export of the database itself? If your old host has phpmyadmin, use that to export the database to a file. Then, download that file, as well as everything in your htdocs folder.

Upload the files from htdocs to your public_html folder. Then go into cpanel and create a database (easiest is to use the mysql database wizard so it creates and assigns the user as well, be sure to grant all permissions, and of course make note of the password). After that, go into phpmyadmin here and import the database file into the new database you made.

After that, it's a matter of editing the forum software's configuration file to use the new database. That varies by program, but the last time I used phpbb, it was config.php. The database host will be localhost, the database username, password, and name will be the values you picked when you created the database with the wizard.

Thanks for the quick response boss, I think I missed editing the config.php file, I'll send a feedback soon. Thanks again boss :)

I'm getting 404 Not Found error, I put the files in a phpbb folder. I'll try installing new phpbb using the imported database, but not sure how to import everything from the forum.

It only imported 3 users, which were all mine, and the styles but others were not there. I think I have to input everything manually, still hoping I can import everything. Thanks again for the help boss.