Why Django Is Very Very Slow On Heliohost?

It's because we're a shared host. Django is mostly found on VPSes or other dedicated systems where it's the only thing being run, and it's probably only serving a few websites in such installations. You're on a server with over a thousand other people, so you're competing for resources with all of them. We also have a lot more django users than many hosts, if only because we're one of a few who even support it (and quite possibly the only free one).

I use PHP pretty much exclusively, and that's also noticeably slower here than it is on my home server.

Pretty much any web technology is going to be that way when you use shared hosting. Paid hosts will be a little faster because they have more hardware and as a result fewer users per server, but the same concept applies to pretty much all of them.

HelioHost is the only to provide django+postgres.

Thanks helio.

My concern is are we using the best way to host django? nginx+uwsgi is what I here most. I have no knowledge what is for what.

Thanks again.

We use Apache+mod/WSGI I believe...what you listed (nginx+uwsgi) are basically the alternative choices for what we use.

Nginx is just an alternative to Apache. The problem is that nginx isn't as widely used as Apache, and doesn't support certain things without a ton of extensions. It's configuration is also entirely different. In fact, there's a bunch of programs that simply won't work on anything other than Apache. Also, cPanel is designed around Apache, so not something we can change without a ton of third-party addons that would just break and complicate everything.

WSGI from my understanding is a module used to run Python/Django websites through Apache. The uwsgi you mentioned appears to be the nginx equivalent.

Why Django Is Very Very Slow On Heliohost?

When I open official django website its says.

Ridiculously fast:

but it is not the case on heliohost. Is there anything we can do?

An actual speed test on one of my django sites begs to differ.

django_speed.png

47ms is about as fast as it gets. It might just be your code...