[Solved] Suspended: Moonland

My account was suddenly banned with absolutelly no reason. I just wanted a realiable place in internet to put some files and access ssh (because I work with aws) when I am behind a restrictive public wifi), but this is the second time I have problems with heliohost in less than 24 hours, and this time my account was suspended with absolutely no reason! What kind of service is one in which I can make normal use of hosting for one day without having account banned? This is not only a technical problem, to ban someone's account this way is simply a complete lack of respect for the user.

That's very possible. A single use can cause the load needed for a suspension though, depending on what the page is.

There's tons of free proxies out there already. If you really want to run your own, Krydos posted some code a while back that you can add to scripts to prevent them from running if the server is busy and likely to start suspending people for load.

Take a look at https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/27933-glype-high-load-solution/ His example is for Glype specifically, but that code block works in any script you want to restrict from running when the server's overloaded. Our system suspends accounts in order of their resource usage, the highest load accounts first, then works its way down until the server load is back to normal.

With that code, your proxy will only generate load when it's already quite low, which means it won't be so likely that you're at the top of the list if the server decides to suspend people.

Edited by wolstech