[Solved] Queued: Life

life

Hi !

My details as under :

* My heliohost user name : life

* Server : ricky

* Main domain : life.heliohost.org

Created an account yesterday. Trying to transfer Wordpress blog in directory public_html/mtjeng . Using filezilla, transferred all files. Further imported database and also re-configured wp_config.php accordingly.

domain is www.mytopjob.in and I have edited my hosts file on my PC accordingly, as I will adjust the name servers once migration is complete.

Account is still showing as Queued. although I can see some files at life.heliohost.org/mtjeng

Please advise, thanks.

a. your HelioHost username
b. the server your account is on
c. your HelioHost main domain

Thanks much @wolstech for all your attention and help.

Cleared cache but I am still reaching"account queued" page at :

http://mytopjob.in/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

when accessing from my computer. Domain as such still points to my earlier host ( Name servers not updated yet ) so that will be obviously fine. I have added to my hosts file :

64.62.211.134 mytopjob.in

while all the files at heliohost are in :

public_html/mtjeng

Should I be changing something ? I want to check from my PC before I change the name servers .....

This is the first wordpress migration I am doing - not an IT person but can edit php files with guidance. Appreciate much yours and everyone's help in resolving this. Thanks in advance !

Did you add the mytopjob.in domain in cPanel? It needs to be added as either an alias (shows same content as life.heliohost.org) or an addon domain (gets its own root folder so it can show different content). I don't see it in our system at all. A domain will always show queued if it's not associated with an account.

Please note that domains cannot be added to your account until after the name servers have been changed (cPanel requires this to prove you control the domain). Ricky domains are more or less instant setup though (usually within minutes), so once you add it, it should work within the hour at most (you may need to clear your cache each time you check until it starts working, or you can check it with an incognito/private browser window)

The life.heliohost.org domain works properly.

hi @wolstech and all seeing this thread

Thanks much for all your help on this . I am still not getting the website way it should be and am foxed at what else should be doing. Here are the steps I have taken so far:

1) At my earlier host www.mytopjob.in/mtjeng had my wordpress files ( wordpress setup by me ) and worked fine.....

2) Downloaded all files from there to my PC.

3) Exported the corresponding wordpress database on my PC. Created new database at life.heliohost.org - life_mytopjob . Created a user hsodhi and added that to life_mytopjob with all privileges.

4) Edited wp_config.php as under :

define('DB_NAME', 'life_mytopjob');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', 'life_hsodhi');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', '**???!!!');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

5) imported the wordpress database into life_mytopjob using phpMyAdmin. I can see my posts in that database in phpMyAdmin at ricky.heliohost.org

6) Uploaded all files from my PC to main domain life.heliohost.org in directory directory public_html/mtjeng , including the edited wp_config.php as above.

7) At my domain provider, reconfigured mytopjob.in DNS settings to point to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost. org.

8) Deleted the "A" record values for mytopjob.in at my domain provider. They were pointing to 162.210.70.23 ( I am NOT sure if I did the right thing here ! Please advice ..)

9) Set up addon domain mytopjob.in to point to /public_html/mtjeng at ricky.heliohost.org

10) Waited for almost 12 hours

Now when I visit www.mytopjob.in in my browser, it takes me to a webpage with lot of links. Theme, images etc. as per my Wordpress install are not showing . Further, clicking on any link leads to an error as under :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@mytopjob.life.heliohost.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

========

Will be VERY grateful for all your advice and assistance, thanks !

Edited by life

Hi All on this thread

As of now I have decided to delete all my files and start all over again ..maybe I did something wrong and will recover . So will report thereafter. Meanwhile, if you have any thoughts please post, thank you!