Max_User_Connections

chanders

Dear Support,

I am re-experiencing "already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections" when I attempt to connect to mySql. When it occurred before, the root cause seemed to point to the fact that the system was not immediately closing the connection when requested by the servlet, and therefore was exceeding max connections (which are currently set to 4) -- I believe increasing it to ~40 fixed the issue! The code still opens a connection, processes an sql and closes right after (as before). It does seem to work most of the time, but annoying stops or slows down causing data access errors.

Just an observation: ever since the last solution (back in June, I think) I did not experience this error!

Thanks and appreciate for help.

at: /home/citisnet

warm regards.

I know you are probably told this all the time but if you are connecting to it through a program that you have coded yourself make sure that you close the connection even if there is an error within the program. That's what people tend to miss, the connection is still open if the program is closed.

Dear Support,

I have thoroughly checked my logic -- and determined that all threads are closed. ProcessList shows nothing active or suspended. I believe the system delaying in actually releasing a pooled connection. Since the maximum user connections allowed is 4 -- it is easy to exceed this limit, sometimes (especially when the system is slow to process clear requests). Appreciate if you can please check this or may be temporarily increase connections allowed. I donot believe there is no danger of run away connections, as the system limits them to 75.

Thanks and warm regards

at: /home/citisnet