Stop A Running Cgi ?

mtpews

So i have a Python CGI that make some post requests (requests lib) for a certain number of times, My friend've use it and put in 1000000 (1 million) for testing but it keep running and make the whole website slow down, is there anyway to stop it ?

Tried renaming the cgi file, but it keep on running even after rename.

Edited by mtpews

I don't see a python script running on that account.

Your website is likely running slowly because you picked the Johnny server. Since Johnny is an experimental server that means he can have high load and slow response time sometimes. If you want a faster server with better uptime we recommend picking a production server such as Tommy.

As far as starting and stopping cgi scripts you might be interested in this post: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/29129-python-script-behavior/?p=132451

You don't see a python script running because before the time of your checking, the code has stopped bc Johnny server went down.

You're right, the slow is because of the Johnny server, just a requests script can't make the website slow as hell

The "stop.py" in the link that you give me works perfectly.