[Solved] Open Udp Port Number: 21715

Luigi123

Hello,

Can you open UDP Port Number: 21715 for me? For my Sourcebans Site to connect my Game Server. So my Server Admins can access the Admin Menu on my Game Server.

My Sourcebans Site: http://edge-gamers.heliohost.org/bans/index.php?p=servers

My Game Server Information:

1. Game Server Public IP Address: 158.69.57.87

2.Game Server UDP Port Number: 21715

3.Game Server Location: US

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Luigi123

We recommend changing the game servers port to one that's already open. Is there a reason you cannot do this?

I think that's not possible because he is probably not hosting game server. Game hosting companies usually do not change the ports because it can interfiere with other services.

We recommend changing the game servers port to one that's already open. Is there a reason you cannot do this?

I think that's not possible because he is probably not hosting game server. Game hosting companies usually do not change the ports because it can interfiere with other services.

You'd actually be surprised. I've seen hosts change the ports on request, though it usually requires the user to explain why to their support. We have a few non-standard ones open specifically for reasons like this. The odds of a game host already having all of the non-standard ones in use is virtually none. I recommend 51990 since I use it myself. If you search the forums you might find another few that were opened for users (though I can't guarantee that any of those are still open).

You'd actually be surprised. I've seen hosts change the ports on request, though it usually requires the user to explain why to their support. We have a few non-standard ones open specifically for reasons like this. The odds of a game host already having all of the non-standard ones in use is virtually none. I recommend 51990 since I use it myself. If you search the forums you might find another few that were opened for users (though I can't guarantee that any of those are still open).

Didn't know that. Thanks for info! :)

Didn't know that. Thanks for info! :)

Yeah, most game hosts use the different port numbers to separate the various instances of the game server. That way they don't need a bunch of public IP addresses. Ports are free, IPs aren't. Then they tell you to use a SRV record (which is sort of like an A record, but has a port number and a few other differences) so DNS will specify the port for the game to connect to atuomatically, as opposed to the end user typing the number in.