Can I Get More Than 2 Crons Job?

Strans

PHP 5.4 is only available on Johnny where the uptime is rather poor. If you need reliable service, you will need an older version of your software that can run on Stevie's 5.3.8.

Both servers meet number 2 (version 5.6.21 is on both servers) and number 3 (ionCube on Stevie is 4.0.9, on Johnny it's 4.7.5).

• Like 1

What is your account's username? I'll delete it for you so you can sign up on Johnny.

Also, what application are you trying to run? If we knew, we might be able to tell you whether or not it'll even have any chance of running on Johnny before you spend the time trying.

• Like 1

The account strans has been removed. Give it 24 hours to finish cleaning up, then sign up on Johnny. Be aware that Johnny accounts can take up to a week to fully set up due to server load. Also, Johnny account only have ~75-80% uptime. If your Queued page doesn't go away in 24 hours, you just need to wait.

If Johnny's unreliability is an issue for you, you might want to see if whoever makes your script for you can send you an older version that can run on Stevie (would need support for ioncube 4.0.9 and PHP 5.3.8). Many developers that have been around for a few years will have an older version that meets Stevie's requirements, since Stevie's configuration was very common in ~2013.

• Like 1

The funny thing about php 5.3 and 5.4 is that they are pretty much compatible. I'm not familiar with this program, but if it was possible to get a version that does not require ioncube, it'd probably run on Stevie with minor adjustments. I'm running a php 5.4 app on Stevie myself, I literally changed 2 lines of code and commented out the version check.

If Johnny isn't suitable for you and your developer is for some reason unwilling or unable to help you work around Stevie's limitations, you will need to wait for our new server to come online in a few months. It will offer 5.6 (or possibly 7) and the updated components that come with it, as well as the stability of Stevie.

• Like 1

Use a service like this: http://www.setcronjob.com to run as much as you wish. We do not give exceptions for cron because of the extreme load they cause.

We limit normal cron and recommend an external service because timing and triggering the job externally makes a cron use less load (the cron daemon uses quite a bit of load when it runs a job, so using a service like that means they handle load from the cron daemon and we just handle the actual program vs. us handling both).

You basically sign up on that service, specify the URL to the script (usually it ends up looking something like http://www.example.com/someprogram/admin/includes/cron.php), and give it a schedule. There's some limits on the free version, but if you need some of the stuff offered by the paid version, odds are you'll be suspended for load here anyway.