[Solved] Queued: Talesofc

The cPanel for that account is active already. Johnny accounts can take several days (I've seen a week before) to start working completely though, and only have an uptime of 73% anyway.

Personally, I'd recommend Stevie instead unless you really need the extra functionality of Johnny. You will have a much better experience with our service on Stevie. Stevie accounts usually set up in 24 hours and have 99% uptime compared to Johnny's multi-day setup and frequent downtime.

This reply helped me solving my problem.. however, it was better mentioning this earlier (during signup)... I tried whole day pointing your IP as A/ CNAME records as well as other tries before I discovered the site might not be activated yet.

I`ll keep with Jonny account,and I`ll wait. but I`d recommend adding paid plans that include 99% uptime. Why is this difficult?

Stevie has 99.97% uptime as of this post, and completely free. No need to charge for good uptime. Stevie's features are comparable to if not better than other free hosting services. Besides, one of our goals is to offer quality hosting without a price tag. We meet that goal with Stevie.

On the other hand, Johnny accounts are expected to be unreliable and buggy. Johnny is the experimental server that we play with and test updates and stuff on. He also has a pile of extras like Java that eat resources. We let users have more resources before getting suspended, and we don't regulate registrations on Johnny. Johnny is also a VM, sharing hardware with Cody (another VM hosting this board, our website, and some management stuff). Johnny accounts need longer simply because of a rather severe overload and his uptime being only 75.68%...

Stevie on the other hand has an entire physical server to itself. We regulate registration to control overpopulation (which is why it closes after a certain number of accounts every day). We more monitor usage more strictly so everyone gets their fair share. We don't test new stuff on Stevie and we don't have resource-hungry offerings like Java on there either. The result is a fast and reliable server :)

Thanks for your detailed reply.. but, it was a shock as I just started Oracle & Java Web Applications` courses... didn`t know java consumes much resources..... I hope my small future apps shall not be so, they shall be very plain apps, not entreprise- level ones

Java isn't terribly resource hungry in small applications, but due to its nature it will always use more than, say, a C++ application that does the same task.

You're probably studying java because its a common choice for introductory object oriented programming. It serves very well for that purpose.

Thanks for your reply... very good news...

I had studied VB 6.0 and VB.Net and created some simple VB.Net applications..

I decided to move to cloud and web applications..

I had 2 choices:

1- ASP.Net & ADO. Net: (For windows servers- already studied them by books, not by courses, some years ago, not compatible with this server)

2- JAVA & Oracle ADF: (For Linux servers- like this one in use here, I downloaded books, but decided to take courses.. seem to be difficult a bit)

So, I chose the second option...

If you have a better recommendation for me, this shall be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Asp.net should be supported on Johnny (we use Mono to run .net stuff in Linux). Make sure to develop for .net 3.5, since we don't support 4.x.

I'm not sure how well it works though since I can't think of anyone hosting a site using it.