Still Can't Get Website Too Work

Robdog75

I have just created a new user and assigned all privlieges to the user and created a new password on MySql in cpanel and added them to the config php file. Except now I keep getting the Error establishing a database connection message or Internal Server error. I have already had to fix this once before already when Stevie crashed ages ago and put the database in read only mode. Fixed it and everything was working fine until it crashed again

I'm beginning to get a bit hacked off with this , as I don't know what I'm doing. I can't access MyPhpAdmin as I get a blank page and I can't access my Wordpress dashboard. This has been going on for months now. I need my website working for job applications.

I have just tried to repair the DB in MySql and get this. Got the same error checking the DB

Error from MySQL query: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Unknown database 'robdog75_wpedit'Failed to use robdog75_wpedit: Unknown database 'robdog75_wpedit'

Update! I managed to get onto myphpAdmin. Only to discover my database for my website had been deleted. Whether I had deleted it earlier maybe the case as I had two databases originally one called robdog75_wp which went into read only mode when Stevie crashed ages ago. After changing the InnoDB parts to MyISAM I created a new one called robdog75_wpedit and imported the backup. Since I kept getting the Error establishing a database connection. I changed the users and password in cpanel and deleted the old database. But as I mentioned I could not get onto MyphpAdmin. Once I did and discovered no database I created an empty one and imported a recent backup.

My website is running again. But how do I switch the new database from latin_swedish... to utf8? Or don't I need to worry about it.

Thanks.

Update! I managed to get onto myphpAdmin. Only to discover my database for my website had been deleted. Whether I had deleted it earlier maybe the case as I had two databases originally one called robdog75_wp which went into read only mode when Stevie crashed ages ago. After changing the InnoDB parts to MyISAM I created a new one called robdog75_wpedit and imported the backup. Since I kept getting the Error establishing a database connection. I changed the users and password in cpanel and deleted the old database. But as I mentioned I could not get onto MyphpAdmin. Once I did and discovered no database I created an empty one and imported a recent backup.

My website is running again. But how do I switch the new database from latin_swedish... to utf8? Or don't I need to worry about it.

Thanks.

Don't worry about it. Mine are all in Latin Swedish as well since its the default for MySQL and I was too lazy to change the collation...

The reason your database disappeared...a large number of them did when we fixed the read only issue a few months back. Krydos is able to restore those, but it seems you got it working already. Phpmyadmin breaking was also related, changing your cpanel password is the fix for that.

Yeah! I just kept getting a blank page on phpmyAdmin before. Then saw your suggestion to someone else with the same problem. So I re-entered the same password as a new one earlier. It didn't work to start with. Then I was going to do a new one, but what I did earlier worked. But it was the wpedit database I had edited after the read only mode crash the one I use now had been deleted. I deleted the original one that went into read only mode this morning.

But all sorted now. Cheers for letting me know