Unable To Connect Via Ssl For Pop3 With The Settings I Am Aware Of

mjwu1008

Hi HelioTeam,

I am sorry to have to write you for help, because I am aware you are volunteers and that I am receiving this hosting service as a free gift from you all. I tried my best to solve the issue on my own, but I have been unable to do so.

Username: mjwu1008

Domain Name: divineliving.org

Email address in question: a.....@divineliving.org

1) I have followed the directions found on your website to manually configure my email client (Thunderbird) to download email via POP3 with secure SSL connecting with incoming server: "stevie.heliohost.org" .

I can't get it to work. Please advise.

Note: I also tried 216.218.192.170 instead of "stevie.heliohost.org" as incoming server (I hope that's not a no-no). No success.

For your information, I am able to SUCCESSFULLY download email via POP3 with non-SSL settings (transmitted insecurely) through incoming server: "mail.divineliving.org". Of course, I prefer SSL secure settings.

I also tried with incoming server: "mail.divineliving.org" with STARTTSL. This configuration does not work.

2) Also, I am SUCCESSFULLY able to send via SMTP with secure SSL connecting with outgoing server: "stevie.heliohost.org", however, is it normal that I have to "Permanently Store a Security Exception" regarding the Certificate?

Or is this not supposed to happen? Is there something I should be doing differently so that I do not need to override how Thunderbird identifies "stevie.heliohost.org:465"?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind Regards

post-93910-0-29069300-1447156055_thumb.jpg

post-93910-0-60182900-1447156075_thumb.jpg

post-93910-0-85504300-1447156087_thumb.jpg

Thunderbird is not compatible with secure incoming mail on our server. See this topic: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/21815-configuring-mail-on-thunderbird-38/ Thunderbird newer than 31.7 is not fully compatible with our servers because of an artificial restriction that Mozilla added.

The solution for incoming mail is to downgrade thunderbird to v31.7 or older and use secure IMAP (secure POP may work, but I've never tested that), use unsecured connections, or get a different mail client. As for the security exception on outgoing connections, it's normal because of our self-signed certificate. Just add the exception.

• Like 1

I have downloaded the earlier version of Thunderbird for my PC running Windows Vista, and POP3 works, with the security exception on the incoming server.

On my Mac I am having the same problem. What is the most recent version of Thunderbird I can use with Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.8 for SSL to work?

I tried v31.7 but it is having problems.

Okay. I tried version 31.3 and it works. I did not try any other versions, so some version between 31.3 and 31.7 might work.

Here is the link for someone to download the software in US English:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/31.3.0/mac/en-US/Thunderbird%2031.3.0.dmg

For other languages, here is the link for options:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/31.3.0/mac/