favorite old school console

sooo...what's your favorite old school video game console?

i was lucky as a kid since my parents owned a video game shop...i basically got to play with every console there was and the Sega Genesis was my favorite...Streets of Rage 2 for Genesis was the bomb! "BARE KNUCKLE!!!" (anyone remember that?)

My uncle' Super Nintendo! I loved the Mortal Kombat games!

yea, the Mortal Kombat series was cool. i forget which one he was from, but Baraka(the dood with the blades as hands) was my favorite. i loved his fatalities!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PS1 came out in 1995, so its actually older than 10 years. I remember, because we got it when they were still costing 300 dollars.

It's my favorite, I honestly don't understand why there was a need to put it to death so early, that is, to stop making games for the PS1.

Pong FTW!

But seriously, SNES, Legend of Zelda 3 (A link to the Past), very well thought out and enjoyable. Illusion of Gaia is kinda unpopular and underrated but thats a great "on a quest" game : )

As for just getting in there and play play play, Mario Kart 64, if there was some strange curse that I had to play any game for all eternity, thats it.

• 2 weeks later...