[Solved] Heliohost Account Error: Dns Entry Already Exists

Law942

Hi,

I created an account on the Johnny server, with the domain daniel-bremen.de.vu

later I decided to delete this account, and created a new one on the Stevie Server.

But I got this mail:

Dear law942,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

Sorry, a DNS entry for daniel-bremen.de.vu already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)

Please visit http://www.heliohost...ipts/signup.php and try to signup again.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

Could you remove the DNS entry, please?

Thanks

i got the same error again:

Dear law942,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

Sorry, a DNS entry for daniel-bremen.de.vu already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)

Please visit http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/signup.php and try to signup again.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

@Krydos: This is what i get when I delte the dns zone for daniel-bremen.de.vu on the Johnny server:

Unable to remove zone daniel-bremen.de.vu from the Bind configuration (named.conf) on johnny.

The zone was possibly removed earlier on johnny.

Zones Removed: daniel-bremen.de.vu => deleted from cody.

Zones Removed: Deferred restart already in progress on cody.

It seemed to delete ok last night but when I checked this morning it was back. Now it's not showing up in the dns list but he's still getting that error.

@Krydos: This is what i get when I delte the dns zone for daniel-bremen.de.vu on the Johnny server:

You just need to run that same process on both Stevie and Johnny and it would have worked. When you run it on Johnny it deletes traces of the old account from Johnny and Cody. When you run it on Stevie it deletes traces from Stevie and Cody. So there was traces still left on Stevie.

@law942, you should be able to create your account now on Stevie. Let us know if you're having any other issues.