[Answered] Database Connection Error

Robdog75

Hello.

I am having a problem loading my website and Wordpress dashboard. On Monday I kept getting a 500 Internal Server Error, Tuesday it was working fine. I have been able to look at my website, but not edit it due to Stevie crashing seven weeks ago and the database going into read only mode. I had been waiting for it to be fixed.

In the end I tried Wolstech solution of editing a backup of my database to change the Innodb tables to MyISAM in a text editor. This I have done and I have created a new database in MySQL Databases and imported the data via phpMyAdmin. I then edited my config.php file in File Manager to add the new password for the database and the new database name 'robdog75_wpedit', I kept my username from the old database and added that to the new one in MySQL Databases.

I then deleted the old database 'robdog75_wp' in MySQL Databases, so I only have the new one which is listed in cPanel. I then went into phpMyAdmin where I managed to delete the two spam comments from my new database. However the old one is still on there. I tried to drop the old database but got the #2002 server connection error.

So if anyone can have a look at it for me please that would be appreciated as I am on the verge of going into Hulk mode here.

Thanks

Rob

robdog75

Unitas2175

Stevie

However the old one is still on there. I tried to drop the old database but got the #2002 server connection error. So if anyone can have a look at it for me please that would be appreciated as I am on the verge of going into Hulk mode here. Thanks Rob robdog75 Unitas2175 Stevie

That's a half-dropped database. They disappear from cPanel, but don't actually drop. I have two that I can't get rid of myself.

Once Stevie is fixed, you will need to post in customer service asking an admin to drop the database for you.

Speaking of which, are there still problems with mysqld on stevie? It has been down for a few minutes now. Same thing happened yesterday. I'm not sure if it is random or not.

(not complaining. this really is a wonderful hosting service. I was just wondering)

There is. It goes down whenever it hits something it can't deal with like corrupt data. In fact, I've seen what appears to be dropping a database bring it down. When Mysqld crashes, the server can take several minutes to get around to restarting it.

When I tried to drop a DB yesterday, it went down for about 10 minutes immediately. That was after it being stable for an hour while I used it continuously. It was the second time it did that for me, as it also happened when I tried to drop another DB 2 weeks ago.