Cannot Install Joomla

Naja

Hello. I cannot install joomla and I have been trying for two days. I was able to install SMF, but not a CMS. I entered all of the users/dbs/passwords correctly. Am I doing something wrong?

When I use softlicious, I get "Could not make the Query numbered 6" " MySql Error: 2013 " "MySQL Error : Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

When I try to install manually, I get "Could not connect to Mysql" about 50 times, over and over.

Thank you.

Alas, MySQL on Stevie is not working. More specifically the InnoDB engine, which Joomla requires, since after Stevie crashed a while ago :( (I take it you are trying to install on Stevie). It's taking quite a while now, so probably a time consuming thing to fix. We'll most likely be updated via the News once the problems are solved, until then there's nothing we can do but wait and keep our fingers crossed. http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/18447-mysql-issues/

Evrooije pretty much said it. Joomla cannot be installed on Stevie due to the database issues. You'll need to wait until they are fixed.

It might be possible to modify the joomla installer to use myisam, but i'm not sure how one would go about this.

Alas, MySQL on Stevie is not working. More specifically the InnoDB engine, which Joomla requires, since after Stevie crashed a while ago :( (I take it you are trying to install on Stevie). It's taking quite a while now, so probably a time consuming thing to fix. We'll most likely be updated via the News once the problems are solved, until then there's nothing we can do but wait and keep our fingers crossed. http://www.helionet....7-mysql-issues/

Thank you, I wasn't aware of this.

Evrooije pretty much said it. Joomla cannot be installed on Stevie due to the database issues. You'll need to wait until they are fixed.

It might be possible to modify the joomla installer to use myisam, but i'm not sure how one would go about this.

Sorry for making a new thread about it. You can combine them then if you want.

If it's possible to have a workaround for innodb, do you know where I could find this?

I also have another issue, but I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread. I was testing a drupal installation, but deleted it after it didn't work. Now I cannot delete the drupal folder or some of the files it contains. I've tried everything, even filezilla, and the files/folders will not be removed. I can't tell if it's something I'm doing wrong/forgot to do or if it's the server itself.

EDIT

I got it to install by going into the joomla installation folder - sql - mysql - joomla.sql and Replacing (CTRL+H) "InnoDB" to "MyIsam".

Now I'll see if everything works fine or not.. hopefully it will.

---

Okay, there was a problem. When trying to install K2 I got this error:

An error has occurred.

1146 Table 'XXXX_XXXX.xxxx_k2_categories' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `xxxx_k2_categories`

How do I fix this?

Edited by Naja