[Solved] Questions About E-Mail

pilot

Hi Heliohost,

First off, thank you for your service. I've been a happy user for over a year now. A couple questions:

1. I noticed that most of my disk space is getting eaten up by one an e-mail account I created. I have auto-forward set up so the e-mails are being forwarded to my gmail account. To save space, can I delete the current e-mails I have through Webmail on my Heliohost account without affecting the existing e-mails in my gmail or future forwarded e-mails? I'm pretty sure I can, I just want to make sure before I start trashing important work e-mails.

2. Second, I noticed I can increase the e-mail quota from 250 mb to infinity. What does this do, given that we only have 500 mb on our heliohost account anyways?

Thanks a lot for your help!

The answer to your first question is yes you can delete those emails without effecting the emails that are forwarded to your gmail account.

I'm not sure about the second question so I'll escalated this to Krydos.

If you set mail to infinite space that means it can fill your entire 500 mb. The reason you can limit the space that mail uses is so even in a worst case scenario your website is still able to function and read and write to disk. If you let mail go completely out of control and fill all available space a lot of websites will stop functioning too.

Fantastic, thanks.

Actually last question: Is there any way to direct the email straight to my gmail account, effectively bypassing my helionet server so I don't have to delete all of the messages every few months and worry about space? Or perhaps one of the webmails has an auto-delete function?