[Solved] Can't Log In To Cpanel/ftp

DJ8X

Recently, I've been unable to log in to my cpanel/ftp accounts on johnny, although I can still view it through the main subdomain (dj8x.heliohost.org). As you can see, I know that it's the correct password; I've used it since the creation of the account. Any ideas why this doesn't work?

Are you getting the same error as before? Can you please PM me the password I sent you.

@Krydos: I've reset his password and I've verified that it works. I also sent him this url and he still says he can't login:

http://cpanel.dj8x.heliohost.org/

At this point I don't have any idea why he keeps getting an invalid response.

I've PM'd you his password.

Ok he just PM'd me that it started working for him and then said nevermind. Maybe he just needs to wait a little longer?

The brute force protection system detected you attempting to log in with the wrong password many times and decided that you were trying to guess the password. Make sure you don't continue trying to log in with the wrong password over and over. I have cleared the blocks on your account and you should be able to log in now. Let us know if you're still having issues logging into your account.

Well... it did this again. I reset my password, which made my current password invalid, and now I'm stuck again. You should find a way to loosen it up a bit-maybe after they get the login right, forget the past attempts. It would still protect against brute-force attackers fine, unless their password is super easy to guess-then that's their problem.

Ok, I've found the problem, which is just absurd. If I try to use my (correct) password while logging in to FTP, it denies me AND locks me out of my cpanel account. If I have to live with that, then I'll just move to another host.