[Solved] Main Domain Change

fotf

I was wondering about the status of my domain change for the account 'fotf'.

I sent the request for my main domain to be changed about a 4-6 days ago and it since has not been changed, I also noted that it said 24-48 hours for it to take effect. The domain wanted: fotfguild.tk

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

@Krydos: His username is fotf. The WHM still shows his old domain but the ACP shows the new domain. Not sure what to do about this so I escalated it to you.

@byron When the ACP shows the new domain, and WHM/cPanel show the old domain it means there was an error during the domain change. The most likely error is because the domain he is trying to change to was already configured on his account as an addon domain or a parked domain.

@fotf It looks like you have deleted fotfguild.tk from your account after you attempted the domain change. Had you deleted it first the domain change would have worked. I went ahead and changed your domain for you. You should immediately see the change in cPanel in the stats box listed under main domain. fotfguild.tk should begin working within 24 hours.

@everyone_else_who_might_search_for_find_this_and_read_it Please remember you cannot change your main domain if that domain is already set up. You must delete all traces of it prior to trying to change it to your main domain. If that's too complicated just add it as a parked domain because it's the same thing anyways, and changing your main domain in 99% of cases is really just cosmetic anyways.