[Solved] Suspended: Orchards

orchards

username: orchards

server: stevie

main domain: www.stuartorchard.com

When I try to access my site it appears as suspended, for reasons which it states are overuse of system resources, inactivity or a breach of terms of services.

I accessed the site's cpanel yesterday so it isn't inactive, all the content on the site is my own so I think I am within the terms of service and I am only using 75MB of the 500 available to me so it is unlikely to be overusing system resources. I would much appreciate a remedy.

Kind regards

Stuart Orchard

The reason says:

Filling 74% of /tmp

I'm going to go ahead and unsuspend your account and escalate this to the admin. who suspended your account so maybe he can explain a little more incase you don't understand.

This user singlehandedly filled 74% of the /tmp partition and caused the server to stop functioning properly. The account was suspended to prevent this from happening again and to alert the user to the problem he is causing. If it happens again the account will be suspended again. If the user fixes whatever broken script was overusing /tmp everything will be good. Thanks.

Hey there, thanks for the heads up. I am very new to this so I'm not really sure how to go about fixing the problem, do you have any ideas about what sort of code would cause these problems. I'm taking down the html files for now just to be sure, but I'd like to fix the problem.

Regards

Stuart Orchard

Generally html files won't be the problem. It's usually scripts that use /tmp to store some data, and then delete it or overwrite it when they're done. If you find any reference to /tmp in your scripts it's best practice on a shared host to use something like /home/username/tmp instead. That way if your scripts go nuts and start filling the partition again you'll only take out your own account not the entire server.