[Inactive] Webmail Sending Problem

chuck

I get an error when trying to send e-mail from my webmail account. Whether I reply to an e-mail or try to send a new one I get -

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

550 Verification failed for <chuck@chuck.heliohost.org>

No Such User Here

Sender verify failed

My account is on Johnny. The url for the web site is chuck.heliohost.org, but the e-mail address is chuck@johnny.heliohost.org.

I'm pretty sure that this is a relatively new problem, but I haven't tried sending from the webmail host in some time.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

chuck@johnny.heliohost.org

Probably because that email address doesn't exist. You can only create <whatever>@<a domain that you control> email addresses. If your domain was johnny.heliohost.org then that email address would make sense, but you can't create that domain because it's already in use (as the server name.) You can visit http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/mail/pops.html to create new email addresses or see the ones that you already have.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried asking this before, but I think I wasn't clear enough about the nature of the problem. I get an error when trying to send e-mail from my webmail account that is the default one created along with my account. Whether I reply to an e-mail or try to send a new one I get -

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

550 Verification failed for <chuck@chuck.heliohost.org>

No Such User Here

Sender verify failed

My account is on Johnny. The url for the web site is chuck.heliohost.org. The strange thing is, I can send e-mail to chuck@johnny.heliohost.org and it comes through. A previous response to this question indicated that this should not happen, but I've received many e-mails to that address.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. By the way, I have Outlook connected using IMAP also to chuck@johnny.heliohost.org. If you are going to change it so that won't work any more, please send me an e-mail there first so that I can disconnect that before it does an annoying number of failed connection attempts. Thanks.

OK. I guess what you're telling me is that the default e-mail can't be used to send from webmail. So, I created chuck@chuck.heliohost.org and replied to a mail sent to the default e-mail. There was no error and the e-mail went into the sent folder, but it never arrived back to the sender that I replied to (another e-mail that I own and used to test this). Any idea where it got lost?

When you create your account, cPanel creates a Unix user on the server, thus the email address <cPanel username>@<server name>.heliohost.org works. This email account is fully functional. Beyond that, you have to setup your own email accounts, which you did in the case of chuck@chuck.heliohost.org. Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

Did you get a mail delivery failure message back? If not, then it was probably lost on the receiving end, or the address was typed incorrectly. Check the spam folder on the receiving end.

No, I never got the e-mail that I tried to send after creating the chuck@chuck.heliohost.org e-mail account. I checked the spam folder and since it was a reply to a received message, I believe that the e-mail address was correct (it also looks correct in the copy saved in the sent e-mail folder).

Additionally, I still have no explanation for the original error message above. It appears that a reply in webmail from the chuck@johnny.heliohost.org e-mail address was trying to be sent via chuck@chuck.heliohost.org e-mail address, even before it was set up. Could there be an error in the set-up of the default chuck@johnny.heliohost.org e-mail account?