[Answered] Remote Mysql Access

popandsn

domain: popandsnap.co.nz

email: popandsnap12@gmail.com

server: johnny.heliohost.org

subject: remote mysql access

Hi i have come across a problem after i try to update the database i get this error "Could not connect to MySQL database 'max_user_connections' active connections", this happens when i use the cpanel version of phpmyadmin or Navicat on my computer.

i'm trying to setup a remote access from my computer to the test database's iv'e setup ,i have added my ip to the remote mysql list.

i would like some help in solving this problem as i am in the early stages of writing a client program to interact with the actual database later in the year at the moment i have learnt a lot about using the mysql database system and have almost solved all the problems to date.

any suggestion on how to fix this problem so it doesn't reoccur in the client program would be a big help.

thank you for your time.

It sounds like you're not closing your mysql connections, or trying to use persistent connections. Remote Mysql works fine on our servers. The max user connections error comes from trying to have too many connections open at the same time.

how do i check for persistent connections, or implementing closing your mysql connections routine's in c++, and why would this be happening from within you cpanel setup under phpmyadmin or navicat on my computer, also how many connection can i have open at any one time on your the johnny server?