[Solved] Suspended: Robdog75

Hello.

I deleted my Johnny account earlier using the delete scripts where it asked for my user name and password and I had the message it could take 48 hours etc. I have decided to host my website elsewhere as Johnny was too unstable. One minute my website would work fine the next it wouldn't load at all. I have uploaded my website to my new host. But I can't access it as when I put my domain name in the search engine. I just get the Heliohost banner appear saying my account has been suspended and the same when I try to access my wordpress dashboard. So can someone please delete my account as I need to get to my website to do maintenance on it asap.

Thanks.

Robdog75

Johnny

robgregg.co.uk

I see "Error establishing a database connection" for robgregg.co.uk. Your domain's nameservers aren't set to Heliohost anymore, so you shouldn't be seeing anything from Heliohost.

Please try clearing your cache.

Also, if you liked Heliohost but need stable hosting, you might want to consider Stevie instead. Stevie's uptime is 99% compared to Johnny's often-down reliability. Johnny is the experimental server. We give people more room to use resources, and more features to use on it. Because of this, it is also more apt to bogging down under load than Stevie is.

Thanks for your help Wolstech.

I'm just getting a Not found error now. So that's just something I need to look at in the other host. I did try to sign up to Stevie first, but signup was suspended. Hence I went with Johnny instead. I think time difference is about 8 hours from where I am to where Helio is.

I'll see how I go. Cheers.

No problem.

As for Stevie's signups, they do fill up quickly every day. They re-open every night at midnight (U.S. Pacific time). Last night they were open for just over 6 hours before they closed. You can see when they're open here: http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ (The top line under registrations is Stevie).

Also, since it appears you're trying to install WordPress, you might want to switch to linux hosting. WordPress and Windows servers don't go together very well (things like pretty URLs won't work right).

I've just been told that about Linux. By GoDaddy where I'm moving to, not that I knew this. But it is deffo the database not connecting on there. I may just get a refund and sign up with Stevie. That works out at 8am-4pm my time to sign up. I'll see what GoDaddy say the guy on the phone said I can switch it to Linux for a bit extra. If that's the only solution. I'll grab a refund.

Cheers!

I've just been told that about Linux. By GoDaddy where I'm moving to, not that I knew this. But it is deffo the database not connecting on there. I may just get a refund and sign up with Stevie. That works out at 8am-4pm my time to sign up. I'll see what GoDaddy say the guy on the phone said I can switch it to Linux for a bit extra. If that's the only solution. I'll grab a refund. Cheers!

As someone who used to manage a site on GoDaddy for someone a year or two back...I can't believe that I didn't realize from the nameservers that it was GD you were using. They're fine as a domain registrar but no good as a web host. Their default configuration is Windows IIS with a whole boatload of non-standard settings. Databases are a nightmare (as you're discovering), as is running anything that needs an .htaccess file.

And for Stevie, how long registration stays open varies everyday depending on how fast people register. If you register right after 8AM, you should be fine. :) Johnny is down a lot, Stevie isn't.

What annoyed me the most was with GoDaddy setup. I created the database with the plan of using the same details and database as I did on Johnny i.e. robdog75_wp. On GD you can't use underscore and the database name and my username have to be the same and it wasn't linking to my domain name. Then it took me ages to find the database hostname as it's not localhost like on here. Your right about they are fine with domain name stuff. But when it comes to hosting they assume I know what I'm doing. The FTP guide tells you one thing, the video something completely different.

So tomorrow I will attempt to sign up with Stevie I think is the best course to take, and get a refund off GD that will probably be here's £30 off your next purchase.

A stupid question I know but when I have to clear the cache before posting about activated, suspended accounts. That is clearing the cache in the internet browser that I'm using isn't it? Because it took a while for the forum page to load. I thought I had cleared my Firefox cache. It seems there was 3 MB left on it. So my apologies if it caused a problem. As posted my topic on there about my account being suspended. Then went back into Chrome after to try sort GoDaddy out.

Thanks for yor help Wolstech.

What annoyed me the most was with GoDaddy setup. I created the database with the plan of using the same details and database as I did on Johnny i.e. robdog75_wp. On GD you can't use underscore and the database name and my username have to be the same and it wasn't linking to my domain name. Then it took me ages to find the database hostname as it's not localhost like on here.

The database system at GoDaddy is one of the more screwy I've had the displeasure of using. Your difficulty with it is unfortunately typical :(/&--#62;/&--#62; I had similar issues when I managed that site for someone. It's not you, it's them.

Your right about they are fine with domain name stuff. But when it comes to hosting they assume I know what I'm doing. The FTP guide tells you one thing, the video something completely different.

Not only do they assume you know what you're doing, they assume you know what they are doing, which makes things difficult when they explain it 3 different ways, nothing is in one place, and everything you've ever known about a web host suddenly doesn't apply to their non-standard system. Most Linux-based hosts work very similarly to HH minus a few things like the database host name. GoDaddy (and likely other Windows/IIS hosts)...not so much.

So tomorrow I will attempt to sign up with Stevie I think is the best course to take, and get a refund off GD that will probably be here's £30 off your next purchase. A stupid question I know but when I have to clear the cache before posting about activated, suspended accounts. That is clearing the cache in the internet browser that I'm using isn't it?

Because it took a while for the forum page to load. I thought I had cleared my Firefox cache. It seems there was 3 MB left on it. So my apologies if it caused a problem.

Yes. Everything might be a bit slow the first time after you do it, that is normal. The suspended/queued pages tends to get stuck in people's cache for some reason, and people don't realize their site is working. Also, no need to apologize, it's a common issue; we post an awful lot of "Please clear your cache" messages around here...

Then went back into Chrome after to try sort GoDaddy out. Thanks for yor help Wolstech.

You're welcome :)