[Solved] Website Still Not Working After Johnny Crash

Papito

Hi

My site went down in the Johnny crash a few weeks ago and when things appeared sorted, it was claimed that there was no loss of data. Unfortunately, the only page that works for me is my homepage and all the other links seem to have disappeared and just come up with 404. Wordpress shows the pages in the WP Config page but when I try to view them individually I also just get a 404.

Would you be able to tell me whether my data has actually been lost as I am at a loss what to do since this was my 1st ever wordpress site. Also, I had not chosen to use InnoDB, it was selected by default and I am not versed in all this kind of stuff. I just joined to make a site for someone else and needed a server to use Wordpress on! :o)

I have tried to run a command I found online to change the database to iSam but it didn't want to work. I will try it again and see what happens.

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/15359-solved-johnny-innodb/page__fromsearch__1 was the original thread I posted in.

Thanks

Papito

papito.heliohost.org

It looks like this has nothing to do with your database, but rather you had permalinks set up and then lost your mod_rewrite rules located in your .htaccess file. I'm not very familiar with wordpress, but I think if you log into your admin area and check your permalink settings you can get this fixed. The other option is if you have a backup of your site you can restore the .htaccess file you had.

Thank you so much for your answer. I did a search for what you mentioned and I set the permalinks to default and everything is working again! Thanks!!! :)

I will make sure to change my database to iSAM now incase of any dramas in future.

Thank you again!

Btw, how can I convert my database from InnoDB to iSAM?

I have tried ALTER TABLE 'table name' ENGINE=MyISAM but it tells me there is an error..do I have to run ALTER TABLE 'table name' ENGINE=MyISAM by clicking every table then running that command in SQL?