[Solved] Unable To Neither Login Nor Recover Password

mgorny

username: mgorny

server: Stevie

domain: mgorny.alt.pl

I feel a bit silly about this but I think I've locked myself out of my newly-created account completely.

I've requested a hosting account on Sunday, and tried to login a bit afterwards. Not being able to login, I suspected that I mis-typed it and requested password recovery. Since I didn't get the mail within a while (yet the 'hosting account installed' mail got through), I assumed that it is related to the account creation.

Now that my account has been established it got to me. I have used the same domain for my new account that I use for my mail. While I kept my domain using old nameserver for now, I suspect that the mail server used to send password recovery mails prefers helionet's own DNS server rather than the global DNS.

Could you help me a bit to get the password reset, please? I can provide an alternate e-mail address. However, if the above is the case, I think that the mail server should rather use the global DNS servers than its own.

Yeah, it's a really silly idea to use a contact email address that is hosted on the account that you are creating. You're just asking for all sorts of problems doing that. In fact cPanel won't allow you to change your contact email address to something that is hosted on the account, but I guess it doesn't do the same check on new account creations.

I can verify that the account you mentioned has never been logged into. Unfortunately, for security reasons we can only send password resets to the email address that the account was created with. However, since the account has never been logged into I can also manually delete the account for you allowing you to create a new account with the same domain/username. Just let us know if you want the account to be deleted.

Well, I didn't exactly think about hosting the mail there, just the website. It didn't occur to me, though, that the mail server would use not-yet-setup domain like this. I think it is the first time that I needed to specify the domain during registration already.

Please delete the account then. I will try to re-create it tomorrow, this time with completely external e-mail address. Thanks for help.