[Solved] Binding Dns

sisav

Hello, I have written about that problem previously, but I can't still solve. Here is my problem: there is a domain called "afad.gov.tr" and they created a subdomain name as "antalya.afad.gov.tr". But that subdomain doesn't use the host server of "afad.gov.tr". "antalya.afad.gov.tr" has to be the second address of "antalyaafetacil.gov.tr" which is a different domain name and hosted in "heliohost.org". Cname (or probably A address parameter) of "antalya.afad.gov.tr" is set to ip of "216.218.192.170" and it works well now. But "antalya.afad.gov.tr" is not binded with "antalyaafetacil.gov.tr", so when I typed "antalya.afad.gov.tr" in my browser, I can not reach the files of "antalyaafetacil.gov.tr".

Does editing the DNS Zone file solve the problem? "Advanced Zone Editor" screen on my Cpanel doesn't allow me to edit that setting. Maybe the solution of this problem can be something else, can you help me? I asked that problem as "Parked Domain Problem" previously. If there is a different solution, you are free to apply it if it will work.

My cPanel username: afetacil

Server: Stevie

Heliohost domain: antalyaafetacil.gov.tr

New record on DNS zone file:

Name: antalya.afad.gov.tr.

TTL: 14400 (maybe)

For Type: A Address: 216.218.192.170

For Type: CNAME Address: antalyaafetacil.gov.tr

Thank you.

If you're trying to add a subdomain of a domain that is hosted elsewhere (you can't set the nameservers for the subdomain), or if your registrar is broken and they won't set the nameservers properly to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org you can still add the domain to your Heliohost hosting.

1. Use http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain to change your account's main domain to the domain that you are trying to add.
  2. Make sure that the domain in question has an A record that matches the shared IP address displayed when you log into your cPanel.