[Answered] Asp Pages And Mono

knotnow

Hi,

I am new to using mono and am having some issues which I do not have locally or on other providers providing asp support. Specifically I am getting an error when navigating to my page: http://canglin.heliohost.org/. I believe I am supposed to setup my public_html directory as a virtual directory. I'm not sure if that is the issue, or how I would even go about doing that. I don't see how in cPanel. If there is a lack of configuration going on here, im looking for pointers on how to have my pages resolve correctly.

Notes:

• I am on Johnny
  • All I have done is dump my .aspx pages in web root.

All that it takes to deploy .NET 3.5 .aspx files is to upload them to public_html directory on your account. All I see when I click your link is a 500 error which isn't very informative. The most common causes of this type of error are usually caused by .htaccess syntax error, file permissions errors, directory permission errors, process limit exceeding, script execution time exceeding, memory limit exceeding, etc. Since it can be caused by so many different sources it's best to eliminate as many variables as possible and start small with something that works, and then gradually add complication testing often to make sure any of your changes hasn't caused an error. Let us know if you need any further help troubleshooting your 500 error.