[Solved] Suspended: Pirsquar

a. your HelioHost username: pirsquar

b. the server your account is on: Stevie

c. your HelioHost main domain: pirsquare.heliohost.org

Greetings -

Just learned that my relatively new account has been suspended, and wondered why.

I do not believe I violated any of your policies. However, my site is intended to help eBayers and PayPallers using eBay. Some of the things on the site are examples of scams to avoid, and might have contained some things that could have triggered an automated scan. If you quickly and manually check the pages, you should see there is no intent to defraud, scam, or otherwise violate your policies.

If you visit the eBay Answer Center, you will see many of my hopefully helpful posts, under the ID: pi_r_square. Here is a link to my eBay ME page:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=pi_r_square

I would appreciate reinstatement, or, if you have time, a reason for the suspension!

Thanks!

Your account was suspended for phishing. I'm sorry, I cannot unsuspend your account.

I have no way to know if your story is true, and our admins don't have the time required to manually review every suspended account. Perhaps an admin is willing, but that is unlikely.

Some of the things on the site are examples of scams to avoid, and might have contained some things that could have triggered an automated scan.

Yep, with over 20,000 accounts currently hosted on our servers and a staff of unpaid volunteers we definitely don't manually look at each and every account. Here is what the automated scan found.

/home/pirsquar/public_html/spoofmails.txt: HTML.Phishing.Auction-19 FOUND
/home/pirsquar/public_html/techniques.html: Exploit.URLSpoof.gen.2 FOUND

I did glance through those two files briefly and your story seems to check out. However, no matter what your intentions are if your site triggers the automated scans it will be suspended, and we're not going to make exceptions or set it not to scan certain sites but not others. In fact, my own personal sites and all the Heliohost staff are subject suspension just as much as any other user.

My suggestion is to try to present your examples in a way that won't trigger the automated scans. Your account is unsuspended now, and if you would like us to check your site once you have edited/deleted the files to see if it is still triggering the suspension script just let us know.

By the way on a more personal note, thanks for trying to educate people about online scams. The automated scans and suspensions are Heliohost's way of educating people about malicious software, phishing, and cleaning up the internet too so we're on the same side in that regard.

Krydos -

Thanks for taking the time to check my site, and for identifying the two pages that gave false positives on the scan. Yes, those two pages contain examples of scammers' messages or activities, so they could indeed trigger warnings. I believe those examples have some value in educating the gormless, but will try to find a way to make them more acceptable to your suspension scan software.

Thanks again!