[Solved] Cron

Sandip

Hello,

I have received 14 emails from root@stevie.heliohost.org and

subject is - php /home/sandi565/public_html/halmiratea.com/magento/cron.php and

message is - X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.8 Content-type: text/html.

Why I am receiving this message? Intentionally I am not using Cron. How do I stop this Cron? How I will configure to stop cron? I think it is automatically install when I install Magento.

And another thing is that - I am making a PHP script that it will automatically send email when database will be update, though it will use rarely (i.e. two times email in a month, when it will be ready). I am using Stevie mail server to sent the email. Is this script going under Cron Job?

I have tried to send email through gmail, but it is blocking and said that "We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt: Friday, December 28, 2012 6:26:52 PM UTC IP Address: 65.19.143.2 (stevie.heliohost.org.) Location: Fremont, CA, USA". So, Gmail is blocking your server.

I have received 14 emails from root@stevie.heliohost.org and

subject is - php /home/sandi565/public_html/halmiratea.com/magento/cron.php and

Why I am receiving this message?

That is not a cron job; that is a file named cron.php that is a part of magento. You are receiving the message because you installed magento and don't have cron.php disabled or the emails disabled.

Intentionally I am not using Cron. How do I stop this Cron? How I will configure to stop cron? I think it is automatically install when I install Magento.

You'd have to check with the documentation of magento, or the people who write magento. If it bothers you so much you could probably even just delete the cron.php file, but that might break your magento install.

And another thing is that - I am making a PHP script that it will automatically send email when database will be update, though it will use rarely (i.e. two times email in a month, when it will be ready). I am using Stevie mail server to sent the email. Is this script going under Cron Job?

If you create it as a cron then, yes. If you're worried about getting suspended for using too many cron jobs you can also use a free external cron job service. Keep in mind you are only allowed two cron jobs per day on Heliohost, but you can use as many external cron jobs as you want.

I have tried to send email through gmail, but it is blocking and said that "We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt: Friday, December 28, 2012 6:26:52 PM UTC IP Address: 65.19.143.2 (stevie.heliohost.org.) Location: Fremont, CA, USA". So, Gmail is blocking your server.

I sent and received an email to a gmail account on both servers and didn't get any error messages and all four messages arrived within seconds. It might be something specific to your gmail account.