[Solved] Can't Access My Heliohost Account.

stephan22

Hi,

yesterday I remembered that I needed to ftp to my site. After about 2 log-in attemps(which both failed) I logged in at heliohost. I them got the message below:

Brute Force Protection

This account is currently locked out because a brute force attempt was detected. Please wait a few minutes and try again. Attempting to login again will only increase this delay. If you frequently experience this problem, we recommend having your username changed to something less generic.

I waited about 3 minutes and I was able to log in. I just thought it was becouse of the ftp failed logins, so I went on into the file manager to upload it from there. It 'kicked me out' saying the same message.

After a while, I was able to login again, this time I imedialty changed my password, and saw that my email address was outdated, becouse co.cc doesn't exist anymore.

It kicked me out again so I don't know if the changes were saved.

Since then I wasn't able to log in at all. The last time I loged in yesterday was about 6 pm (Timezone +2) I tried logging in today at about 11:45 am. Still the same.

I have tried the renewal script, it sais that my account is active.

Server: Stevie

Username: Stephan

Email: admin@onetechie.cu.cc ( only changed the co.cc to cu.cc )

My password is suppose to be just numbers. ( I know its is bad, but it was only suppose to be temorary till I can think of another password)

ps. I just realised how clever I am, changing the email address to an account I can't access... :(

ps. I just realised how clever I am, changing the email address to an account I can't access... :(

Clever indeed -_-.

IPs used to do cPanel logins are recorded by the server so an admin could check that with the IP you posted this from and PM you or something, we have a password creator that makes nice passwords in cPanel, try making an ftp/email account and use it, then instead of making those accounts just copy it into the change password area for cPanel.

You tried logging in with the wrong password so many times that the system locked you out for several weeks. I have reset the brute force protection on your account, but it won't matter if you continue using the wrong password to log in over and over. A common cause of wrong password login attempts is saving your password into an FTP client, and then changing your password but not updating the saved password. A lot of the popular FTP clients just keep trying to log in over and over even though it isn't working and you can get locked out like this fairly quickly.

Let us know if you're still unable to log in.

Thank you so so much.

A lot of the popular FTP clients just keep trying to log in over and over even though it isn't working and you can get locked out like this fairly quickly.

I just used windows explorer to ftp to the site + I didn't save it, I don't trust computers too much :ph34r:

Thanks again, and merry christmas!