[Answered] Password Protect Directories Help

Shitatsu

I'm having a problem here. I wanna put a password on some of my folders on my website. So when I goto the "Password Protect Directories" option, it says disable the frontpage extension or else put the password from frontpage itself.

Now my question is, is it safe to disable or remove/uninstall frontpage extension from my website? I dont know what exactly frontpage is. So I dont think i use it :unsure:

Heliohost still supports frontpage and has it's extensions installed by default, because web host rating webpages still track it and score us based on whether we have it installed. In order to have the highest score and therefore appear at the top of the page we have to keep it around. Talk to the web host rating websites and get them to stop checking for frontpage and we'll stop having it installed by default.

Example: Here is the top result of googling for "free web host" http://www.free-webhosts.com/webhosting-01.php