xwinuser

If I am currently on the Johnny server can I switch to Stevie? Yes I was warned about the uptime. I am NOT complaining. I am just thinking about switching. I wouldn't even mind if I lost everything I had on my site. Its not much yet. One reason is I cannot stay connected to the host long enough. I know you guys are gonna make it work though!

http://www.360DegreeNetworking.com

One reason is I cannot stay connected to the host long enough.

What do you mean by cannot stay connected? Is there a particular service you're having trouble connecting to, or do you just mean johnny is slow to load webpages from time to time?

At the moment stevie is approaching 7000 active accounts and johnny is a little over 1000 active accounts, but as you can see on the service monitor http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ running processes like mono can make for rather spikey load.

While installing Joomla through the cPanel and Softaculous I got an error a few times saying the connection was lost. I pulled up other pages not on Helio and they were ok. Not perfect though because I also had some issues on my end. My Internet connection is relatively slow so no I don't always blame slowness on Johnny . Getting disconnected during file transfers is a little different.

When Joomla did install, it went fast and I was happy. I did lose connection to the server several times while trying to navigate through Joomla (never lost Internet connection). I was still able to surf.

I'm not saying it's all the server. I like your service. I'm not complaining. I just wanted to know how much better the other server was. I knew when I signed up that I picked the more overloaded server and Im cool with that.

Oh, I also tried using WSftp and that would time-out if I sent more than a couple of small to medium sized files or sometimes even when I tried to send one file.

I know it is supposed to time out after a while of inactivity but I wasn't inactive and it should be able to connect right back again. Whenever WSftp had trouble I tried cPanel and it wouldn't load either. Then I would try the forums and they wouldn't load. I had a rough time of it. But its cool. I was just checking out my options.

I wasn't really complaining. I read all the messages warning that the server is working hard to serve everyone. I know you guys are only a few and have a lot of work to do. Just mentioning the symptoms I was having. - X

One reason is I cannot stay connected to the host long enough.

What do you mean by cannot stay connected? Is there a particular service you're having trouble connecting to, or do you just mean johnny is slow to load webpages from time to time?

At the moment stevie is approaching 7000 active accounts and johnny is a little over 1000 active accounts, but as you can see on the service monitor http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ running processes like mono can make for rather spikey load.

Thanks! I try to go through the wiki and FAQ but I still miss some things. Sorry. I will have to think about switching. The first setup was fairly quick. It only took a day to get everything setup and running but I hate to have to wait another 24-48 hours. I know that's the way it is with most hosts because of scripts and DNS propagation and such. Thanks for the help. - Xwinuser

I know it is supposed to time out after a while of inactivity but I wasn't inactive and it should be able to connect right back again. Whenever WSftp had trouble I tried cPanel and it wouldn't load either. Then I would try the forums and they wouldn't load. I had a rough time of it. But its cool. I was just checking out my options.

Because Cody (HelioHost/HelioNet) and Johnny (site hosting), are both on the same physical server, Johnny sometimes hogs all the hard disk IO. We are aware of this problem, and are working to fix it. That said, Cody's uptime has gotten a lot better over the past few weeks.

• Like 1

Thanks for you help. I have decided to stick with the server I am currently on. Keep up the good work.