[Solved] [SOLVED] Nicmil : Suspended - Topic Locked But Not Resolved

frohlich

a: nicmil

b: stevie

c: nicmil.co.uk

As you will know I posted this topic a few days ago. This account has been suspended and supposedly now deleted. However I cannot park any of the domains associated with this site on a new account.

I have tried repeatedly. You requested I wait 24 hours (presumably for some change in your sytsem to propagte through your system). I tried yesterday but still no luck Rather than posting on this thread yesterday I thought, I had best wait another 24 hours. Partly as I am not quite sure when the time runs from as your forum seems to pick up local time when it records the posting times and we are in quite different time zones

Anyway - on trying again this morning I am unable to park the domains. I now see you have locked the previous thread so I am posting again.

The message I get when I try to park nicmil.co.uk is "Error from park wrapper: nicmil.co.uk is owned by another user" - same message as before.

Clearly therefore the data from the 'nicmil' account is still live somewhere. If it helps the account was nicmil98 though I used 'nicmil' as the login name.

Many thanks

I can not find any records of your site or account in the database.

And about your domain, if you want to host it here you need to change the name servers.

They are currently pointing to:

ns1.byet.org
ns1.dotage.org
ns2.byet.org
ns2.dotage.org

Change the name server records to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org

Then you should be able to add it in cPanel.

It can take up to 48h before the records are actual changed.

I do have an account - dotage.

Each time I try to park the domain 'nicmil.co.uk' I get the message that it is owned by another user.

Once I have parked it I will update the nameservers. Parking domains does not seem to require the changing of the nameservers as a preliminary requirement - though I recognise that this must be done in due course. At the moment I am reluctant to change the nameservers first as clearly the domain is recognised by your system as being owned by another user. Whilst this may not be a 'live' account I still do not want to run the risk of giving even partial control over this domain to another and will only fully transfer it to Heliohost one I can get past step 1.

Many thanks

You can not park your website on the HelioHost servers if the NS recorders point to other servers.

You need to change them and then you will be able to park them in cPanel.

That is the reason why you see the "is owned by another user." error.

With respect it is not the case that you cannot park a domain until you have changed the nameservers. It is only necessary to change the nameservers in order for the domain to be accessed properly by other users on the web.

I have tested this by creating a tk domain whose nameservers do not point to heliohost and then parking this on heliohost. I have also done this with another co.uk domain which has never been associated with heliohost. Though on trying to park yet a third I did get an error but a very different one: "Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 216.21.226.71,216.21.234.71 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver. "

I have also done what you requested and changed the nicmil.co.uk nameservers to the heliohost nameservers (ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org). I then waited to ensure that after testing with three separate lookup servers that they are reported as being the heliohost nameserves and then trying to park this domain. I am still unable to do so. I still get the same error message that the domian belongs to another user.

So clearly your sytem still recognises this domain as being owned in your system.

I have changed the nameservers back now as I cannot afford to loose email to this domain's email addresses.

@Tjoene, that is because he can't just leave his domain nameservers set to us without losing all his emails since he can't park the domain.

@Frohlich, I spent several hours a few days ago looking for any traces of nicmil.co.uk on our servers. The only places I could find it listed was in log files of deleted domains. I figured this really shouldn't effect anything, but I deleted the records anyways. Obviously it didn't help though. I was hoping another admin could think of somewhere else that these remaining fragments might be hiding, but that doesn't seem to be happening either. So, I think it is past time to:

Thank you Krydos for your understanding.

I have been a very happy user of Heliohost.org as a backup resource and for testing domains. I would like to continue using it. I am only sorry that this problem occurred in the first place owing to my not logging on to your site when I was ill and my account being deleted (though in part that was due to your login issues with stevie). So apologies for the fact that I am having to trouble you with this problem for that reason.

You will appreciate that my biggest concern is the nature of the error message I get (that the domain is owned by another user) rather than the other error message which I have got as to the nameservers not being pointed to the heliohost ones. However, as I mentioned I have tested that I am ordinarily able to park a domain on your site without first changing the nameservers. So clearly changing the nameservers is not actually the issue here.

Thanks

I am no longer getting the error message saying the domain belongs to another user - so that is progress.

I will change the nameservers later this evening ( to minimise email problems) and then try again.

Worked!

Thank you very much for getting to the bottom of this problem. I will now park the other domains here and transfer their settings over so I can be sure that I have a proper backup wotking for me.

Thank you again.