My Username Is Not Recognised

j.galtry

I've tried logging in from the home page, and it tells me that my username is not in the database. Since I can access cPanel through my browser directly, I don't understand how this can be.

I tried posting this question from the forum account I created in January of this year, but was unable to - and requesting my password to be re-sent has not produced the promised email (hence me creating a new account to post this question).

I do not want the account to be suspended through inactivity whan I am trying to log in in the approved manner!

Latest post in News: http://www.helionet....sues-on-stevie/

If you're having issues accessing your stevie cPanel account please use this link to log inhttp://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/ Attempting to log in through heliohost.org/home will result in the system claiming that your username doesn't exist, but you're data still exists and your account has not been deleted.

HEY BRO THE BEST WAY TO ACCESS CPANEL IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE USING <YOURSITE>.HELIOHOST.ORG:2082

In CPanel this means: "I WANT TO ACCESS THE CPANEL FOR MY WEBSITE USING TLS"

Edited by jje
The port is 2082, not 2083. Fixing it for you.

I have been unable to access C panel from the home page for days. Please don't delete my account.

I also can't get into my mail program (Horde). I get a message saying I've entered the incorrect user name and password.

greenvalleyrecording.helios.org

My site is on Stevie.

Thanks,

Richard

EDIT: I was just able to get into my mail. But still unable to access CPanel through HelioHost.org sign-in at bottom of page.

Um...

Latest post in News: http://www.helionet....sues-on-stevie/

If you're having issues accessing your stevie cPanel account please use this link to log inhttp://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/ Attempting to log in through heliohost.org/home will result in the system claiming that your username doesn't exist, but you're data still exists and your account has not been deleted.

Oh, perhaps the confusion is arising because djbob posted in my news thread saying that the issue is resolved. It isn't and he knows it isn't resolved. He has been working on getting it fixed.

If it really bothers anyone that they can't log into cPanel through the bottom of the home page feel free to back up your site, request a site deletion, and then recreate your account. That will fix the issue, but it seems like a bit of overkill just to be able to log in through two links instead of just one link.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, using that link keeps your site from getting suspended. The reason we always recommend logging in from the homepage instead of using that link is because that link only works for people whose accounts are on stevie. The homepage works for both johnny accounts and stevie accounts (except for the accounts that got corrupted recently on stevie.)

Yes, using that link keeps your site from getting suspended. The reason we always recommend logging in from the homepage instead of using that link is because that link only works for people whose accounts are on stevie. The homepage works for both johnny accounts and stevie accounts (except for the accounts that got corrupted recently on stevie.)

Great... thank you for answering.