HelioHost Wiki on Cody

jje

Hello again :) As you might already know, the HelioHost Wiki hosted on Stevie (meaning that if Stevie is having issues, it would be affected). However, as part of the recent admin access to Cody, the HelioHost Wiki has been moved over to Cody. We have made a full transition over to this physical server, and have a new simplified web address to share with you.

The new web address for the HelioHost Wiki is http://wiki.helionet.org/

These changes are being put into effect immediately, and the old address has become obsolete. Please update your bookmarks, links, etc with the new address.

Thanks,

The HelioHost Staff

Change the wiki link in top of the Forum.

Also in Heliohost support tab.

Tips:

Redirect the Wiki.heliohost.org to wiki.helionet.org.

Because in our forum, we linked to wiki.heliohost.org in many places.

Even in "Please clear your internet cache before posting!"

Why did you change the address instead?

why you shouldn't move the wiki.heliohost.org alone to the cody? isn't possible?

The change was necessary because we were using up the wiki.heliohost.org domain. If someone wanted to register that domain for themselves, they would not have been able to do that.

I am currently busy developing a neat little script that will replace wiki.heliohost.org in any post with the new link :)

I found out this morning that it's pretty intensive and I need to try and do it when Cody's server load is down, and I can only retrieve a certain number of posts at a time or it will timeout or go on a continous load.

I'll let you know how I get on. :D

UPDATE: It appears that there are over 70,000 posts that the script has to search through, so I now understand why it hanged when I ran it earlier!! I've decided to run the script in batches of 5,000 with breaks of 20 seconds in between batches. This means the script will take around 10 (+5 minutes for the processing) minutes to run if everything goes to plan. If not, I'm gonna have to shorten the batch amount which will take considerably longer.