[Solved] Website doesn't show, error message

germantogo

I remember similar situation (unfortunatelly I can not find that topic about it) when all accounts did show content of one specific account, then one of the admins suspended it, so all accounts did show as suspended. Later djbob wrote that it wasn't that users fault, but some other error appear.

jje, I'm not saying that this is the case, but don't you think it's possible that the user just worked on his/her website at the moment with not being aware at all that all accounts display his/her content for some reason?

For the time being, the issue seems to be solved; at least my site is showing up again. How about the pack? Troubles: I wasn't actually referring to /recent/ topics. However, one is happy to forget the bad, as soon, as the good shines through. Thank you for the great service it is, after all. Almost paramount; but we don't want you, to get your wings burned too badly... Do we? Have a nice one; and keep it.

Regards,

Peter Heinrich Claus

REM: How can an advertisement not be yours, if you are the site owner??? If it's causing trouble, kick it; or at least host it on one of the zillion junk hosts out there. But if it's directly affecting the server, you -- and others-- are on: I would almost opt, to call it malicious; or maybe fraudulent? Who is the owner of the ad? You may want to publish the credentials, so that others may be aware; and keen, to avoid any such.

REM: How can an advertisement not be yours, if you are the site owner???

The point was all accounts on johnny were all being redirected to one users account and that user had some ads on their page that were not placed their by the thousands of other accounts on johnny.

For the time being, the issue seems to be solved; at least my site is showing up again. How about the pack?

I went through several dozen random accounts on johnny and tried opening their main domain and they all seemed to be loading fine too. So it seems the "pack" is functioning as well as your site is.

However, one is happy to forget the bad, as soon, as the good shines through. Thank you for the great service it is, after all.

All hosting services have their downsides, but hopefully our good will continue to shine through.

Almost paramount; but we don't want you, to get your wings burned too badly... Do we? Have a nice one; and keep it.

My chosen monicker is 'Krydos' not 'Icarus' but I think I know what you're saying. :lol:

Good job, though. What I don't quite figure: There were no ads showing on my site, unless, of course, you refer to the /we have technical problems/ thing? Would you care, to brighten my sense of history? I'm having some trouble myself, where to stuff this /Krydos/ type. Sounds like Homer, but I guess, I'm lost, am I?

Okay, here is the history: :D

1st. All sites showed a directory listing that was resembling another user's website.

2nd. I changed the directory listing to the Technical Difficulties page to avoid confusion.

3rd. The owner of the affected site deleted my technical difficulties page and replaced it with ads.

4th. I suspended the account temporarily making all accounts show the suspended page.

5th. When the issue was solved, I unsuspended the account and all websites showed fine.

5th. When the issue was solved, I unsuspended the account and all websites showed fine.

You should re-suspend that account for replacing the technical difficulties page with ads.

Well, it might have been done accidentally since it seemed he had some kind of radio system setup.

@Geoff - You can see the account for youself, and suspend it if you like. I mentioned the username in one of my previous posts.

You should re-suspend that account for replacing the technical difficulties page with ads.

If the user was aware of the problem with all accounts displaying his/her content, if he/she knew that the webhost admin has created the "technical difficulties" page and he/she did replace it with ads on purpose - well, maybe, but even if then I would have doubts, that's not his/her fault that all accounts did display the same content, right?...

If the user was not aware of the problem, if he/she didn't knew that the admin created the "technical difficulties" page (does the admin even tried to contact with that user and ask him/her to temporarily do not edit this page?...), if he/she simply worked on his/her website - I'll let myself to completely disagree with you.