[Solved] Can't install JSON:XS module for Perl

vol7ron

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We likely have an old install of PHPPgAdmin. However, it'll be really difficult to install a new version, as it will likely be overriden at each cPanel update. Probably easier for each user to install a local copy of the software for their own administration :)

I'll try it out for my account, but i suspect the config files will need to point to Postgres. Wouldn't it be easier to erase the current Postgres path and create a symbolic link to the new Postgres install?

phppgadmin doesn't seem to be working. Not sure why, because I was able to install drupal with PostgreSQL with no problems. It's probably just a bug in phppgadmin or something.

I am trying to set it up in my user space, but it's not finding the server.

/conf/config.inc.php

Update:

You have to change the defaultdb in the config file above from 'template1' to 'postgres'.

$conf['servers'][0]['defaultdb'] = 'postgres'; //'template1';

Unfortunately, it'll list all users databases, so I'm working on just listing the database of the user that logged in.

Update2:

So all that needs to be done is changing another config setting, owned_only, from 'false' to 'true'

$conf['owned_only'] = true; //false;

Perl should be installed at `/usr/bin/env perl5.14.1`. If everything is okay, I'll close this.

By the way, thanks a lot for helping us get these tools upgraded, so that everyone using HelioHost can have a better platform to work on.

Perl should be installed at `/usr/bin/env perl5.14.1`. If everything is okay, I'll close this.

By the way, thanks a lot for helping us get these tools upgraded, so that everyone using HelioHost can have a better platform to work on.

Not exactly sure what area52 is, but I'm guessing phpPgAdmin won't be available from CPanel. Perhaps we can work on that in the future. Right now, having something is better than nothing.

As for the tools, I just hope I'm not the only one that will be using these, hopefully they'll bring in more users to the community. Additionally, I hope it doesn't negatively impact the servers, but they are good tools to have. Free, professional-grade tools, at that.

Not exactly sure what area52 is, but I'm guessing phpPgAdmin won't be available from CPanel. Perhaps we can work on that in the future. Right now, having something is better than nothing.

Right now, you can access phpPgAdmin at http://area52.heliohost.org/phpPgAdmin-5.0.2/. In the future, we will include this in HelioPanel, but since we can't edit the source code of cPanel, we won't be able to mess with cPanel's phpPgAdmin.

Closing this, as everything appears to be working.